cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QR Code Scanning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There!

I am new to SAP and to sdn community as well. Hence please bear with me if this is not the right place for the question below and would appreciate anyone redirecting me to the right forum.

I am looking to see if there are ways in SAP that can scan users for their identity autentication from their physical Badge instead of they typing in their username/pwd each time during the course of day while working with the application. SAP should handle the passwords being encrypted. Any information on this regard will be of great help!

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divya

Everything is possible in Natvie Development of SUP apps.

You just have to write the scanning algo your self.

SUP could be just used to get the actual data or verify the data inserted here.

Thanks

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pradeep for your response. Just to clarify, we are not using any mobile platforms here but rather users may have QR codes embedded on their physical badge that SAP (ABAP application and not WebDynpro) will need to scan using some type of algorithm enabling encryption as well. Is this possible as well? Also, are there any special requirements on the hardware (scanner) in order to be integrated with SAP GUI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are in the wrong forum for this question, probably more related to SAP Security or Basis forums. If I understand you correctly then you want to have a QR reading scanner and some custom developed program that takes the information that is on the QR code (username only or also password?) and pass that over to the SAP GUI - Logon screen, signing the user into SAP without the user entering his password. If this is the scenario then I don't believe there is any restriction on the hardware part but passing the logon parameters to the SAP system and logging you in is something that the SAP security or Basis forum people should be able to guide you. Also possible that the abap forum has discussed this type of requirement previously.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vilhjalmsson! Yes you are right on the functionality I am looking for. I will post the question in the SAP security or Basis forum.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts! I tried posting in the ABAP forum. However the thread was locked stating "cross post locked" and not able to post further or receive replies. Could someone help me understand why the thread may have been locked? Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have the same post/question open in several forums then it will be considered cross posting. Marking the post as answered might fix it or rewording the question, adding the fact for example that you have posted this here and were guided to another forum should be sufficient.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vilhjalmsson.