cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUP 2.1 DOE Connector + Client API generation for DOE packages

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was messing around with the Dev NetWeaver Mobile 7.1 instance we have on our company network, trying to get my head around the co-innovation architecture (i.e. NWMobile (DOE) + SUP) and in doing so I have a few questions I wanted to ask this community.

Q1)How can I get my hand on a DOE Connector for SUP 2.1.

Sybase are currently distributing through their product download center "doe connector 200" with the Sybase Mobile Sales 1.2.1 but this is pretty much useless since neither are supported by SUP 2.1. When I try to install doe connector 2.0 I get the message u201CThe installer cannot find Sybase Unwired Platform 2.0 installation. Sybase SAP DOE Connector can only be installed on an existing Sybase Unwired Platform 2.0 installation.u201D Does any one know where/how to locate a DOE Connector that is compatible with SUP 2.1

Q2)What are the development patterns for DOE applications?

Lets assume that I was able to get hold of a version of DOE Connector that can install on SUP 2.1, how do I then go about deploying an ESDMA bundle for a custom SWVC into SUP. And once this is done, how do I then generate the Client API for a target mobile platform? I guess the broader question here is What are the development patterns for DOE applications? Sybooks is very inconsistent with the notes and fails to prescribe a step by step workflow for deploying custom applications that use the DOE approach.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member196113
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can't download the SAP DOE connector 2.1 from

https://sybase.subscribenet.com/control/sybs/download?element=3757031

Error Message

Either the item was not found, or you are not authorized to download this item.

Br

Steven

Former Member
0 Kudos

The DOE Connecter is now being distributed with ESD #1 which is downloadable from [here|http://downloads.sybase.com/swd/base.do?client=support]

Former Member
0 Kudos

H,

i we are using sup 2.1 and ugraded to sup 2.1.1 with ESD#1,

Now we want to use sybase standard app which is available on itunes for iPhone.

Need help to integrate the Std app with Backend (SAP SRM/CRM) with SUP 2.1.1.

Your Help will be appreciated.

Thanks

SAKET

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

straight forward:

1.) you need correct backend

2.) implement the SUP Connector into NWM7.1 or 7.3

3.) after this is done the data models for CRM gets generated

4.) create ESDMA file and import it to SUP

5.) do rest of customizing

works!

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergio Congia.

I refer to the download link that you provided in your thread dated 13 Jan 2012.

In that site, I see a list of items.

Are you referring to EBF 19762: 2.1 ESD #1 - 64 Bit ?

I need to download the SAP DOE Connector version 2.1 and not the 2.0.

If this is the correct file, is the installation files for this connector within the zip file? I read the readme html file, but it does not mention much about the connector or its installation files.

Please confirm.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Haridev

That is correct, the ESD #1 contains EBF 19762.

From what I have gathered Sybase are in the throws of delivering several key features/changes to the SUP 2.1 GA installation. The first wave of features were delivered thorough ESD #1. This will effectively bring your SUP installation up to SUP 2.1.1. Amongst the changes shipped with ESD #1 (and I believe that ships first wave is aimed primarily at the SUP Runtime) is that

- the DOE connector is no longer a separate product on the SUP portfolio but instead is now part of the SUP standard build.

- basic support for android devices.

The second wave (which I suspect will be named ESD #2) is due for release in early Feb and will be aimed at the SUP runtime will effectively bring your SUP installation up to SUP 2.1.2... and should include features/changes such as:

- the ability to generate Android client API directly from the eclipse tooling (which with ESD #1 is only possible via command line)

- ability to deploy MBO's without a data source.... to better support DCN based MBO's for cache synchronised apps.

Sergio

Former Member
0 Kudos

ESD#2 is now available for download form [http://downloads.sybase.com/swd/base.do?client=support|http://downloads.sybase.com/swd/base.do?client=support]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

A1) DOEC Installer for 2.1 can be downloaded from Sybase download site

https://sybase.subscribenet.com/control/sybs/download?element=3757031

After logging into SPDC, I selected Sybase Unwired Platform from the

displayed product list. The SUP 2.1 DOEC installer is under the New Versions

tab in the download list that is displayed.

A2) DOEC installer is now do-coupled from CRM Mobile sales.

Instructions for manual deployment can be found in DOEC install guide

You can use the same instructions to deploy any custom Application ESDMA.

Please let us know if you have any issues with the same

thanks

shobhas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to all.

I'm facing problem while creating MBO, and not able to create MBO while preview SUP 2.0.1 give me an error : Unknown JCO Type

From various forum found that, to come out of this issue I need to upgrade to SUP 2.0.1 with EBF 19279 from SUP 2.0,

-

Now me working on SUP 2.0.1 with All latest JCO Connector, Still the same problem (error receiving from SUP MBO).

-

From this forum found that i need to install SAP DOE Connector 2.0.

Can you please help me the link that provide me the direct link to download Sybase SAP DOE Connector 2.0

Regards

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ShobhaS,

We have SUP 2.0 and DOEC 2.0 in our landscape and working fine.

We are planning to upgrade to SUP 2.1 ESD 1. Is there a separate version of DOEC for SUP 2.1 ESD1 or we have to use DOEC2.1?

Please clarify.

Thanks and Regards,

Pratheep. T