cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use Personalisation Keys and Synchronization Parameters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Presently i'm working iOS Native Development.

Can i know how to use Personalisation Keys and Synchronization Parameters for retrieving only Required data into mobile device.

Please can any one explain briefly how to create and use personalisation Keys and Synchronization Parameters.

Thanks in Advance,

Harish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tahir,

Can you tell how to build Synchronization Parameters in Sybase Work Space. And when i should call synchronization parameters code in xcode. Can you please explain me.

Thanks in Advance,

Harish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish

It would be better if you read the Developer guide for SUP development for iOS before you post your questions here

http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.sybase.infocenter.pubs.docset-SUP-2.1.0/doc/h...

Thanks

Pradeep

tahir_z
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

The data you retrieve from back-end comes to Consolidate database (CDB) in another word is cache database so syhcronization parameters using for retrieve data from CDB. Using synch parameters depends on your project. In workplace once you selected MBO then a tab opens which contains sychronization parameters then u can create easly.

Regards.

Tahir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

In simple words, we use Synchronization Parameters to limit the data to be copied from CDB to mobile local database and this is done exactly as suggested by Tahir in this thread. To create a synchronization parameter, right click on MBO and then click on Show Properties and in the Attributes, click the Load Parameters tab, U can specify your synchronization parameter there and then map it to any attribute of the MBO.

-Kiran Kulkarni

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

tahir_z
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Basicly its as below and you can find more detail in following link [Developer guide for ios|http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/topic/com.sybase.infocenter.dc01217.0200/doc/pdf/sup_devref_iOS.pdf]

//get personalization key values

SampleApp_PersonalizationParameters *pp = [SampleApp_SampleAppDB

getPersonalizationparameters];

MBOLogInfo(@u201DPersonalization Parameter for City = %@u201D, pp.PKCity);

Regards

Tahir