cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structural Exception During Auto Imports In MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are facing a problem while auto importing bulk data.

System is throwing structural exception and preventing data from importing automatically.

Is there any way that we could identify which segment in XML is causing this structural exception?

Also if we try to import data manually by loading the XML file, system throws a message "Unknown Exception".

Is there a possibility that some data in XML will be causing this problem?

Kindly provide your valuable inputs. Thank You.

Regards,

Ankush Bhardwaj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankush,

Please check import logs,do a save update to the import map and retest the scenario.

Check properties of incoming xml,there can be an issue with autorization also.

Are you getting exception for all files or only few records?

If you are getting this exception for only few records,set Block on structural Exception setting as YES,so that you can stop and check which record failed after import of a section of data,correct and continue.

However,I think an Save update should solve your issue.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Ravi

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The file is stuck in the structural error in inbound folder. I am manually importing the file in Import Manager. I am getting the error while executing the import as: "error opening file".

Please help

Regards,

Rajeev

shanthi_kumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

The error clearly says that there is some issue with the file.

1. What is the type of the file that is in structural exception folder?

2. What is the type of set up for the file in Inbound setup?

3. While opening the file in Import Manager are you using the right folder type?

Regards,

Thamizh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have checked the settings for the Port and Block on Structural Exception is already set to Yes.

And Save Update did not help either.

Apart from this, Log files for MDIS server points to some error saying ImportRecordSliceInternal471.

So we are now trying to change Slicing Parameter for Import in MDS.ini and see if it still throws exceptions or not.

Please suggest if i could try some other thing also.

Also i have one question as to if this problem could be due to the Data in the XML file because we have so many qualified Table links to be updated along with Main table record values?

Thank You.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please change the Block on structural exception to NO.

This will make sure out 100 files if the 10th one is erronous, the file will be placed on exception and the remaining MDIS will process until it find another file wil error.

Also, save the map with the existing name, this will overrite the new modifications.

regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankush,

Please tell me what is the import load,and number of files being processed.

Also Please provide details of the error from MDIS log.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

We have around 500 records in each XML file and each record in turn has many qualified table links that need to be updated.

Number of these links is high sometimes, like 20-25 links associated with one record. We are receiving this data from other system. We recieve at max 10such files in a day.

And regarding this error message "CatMgr@ImportRecordsSliceInternal471,Dbg.cpp,65,,,1121,"

This is the only thing we found in Logs. Nothing else is mentioned there.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Increase the Slice time to a higher number

regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankush,

Try following changes:

File aggregation count - 1 (port setting)

Import Slice Min and Max should also be decreased.MDS will have to be restatrted post this change.

What is the average total no of files coming in daily?

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Changing the file aggregation count has a performance impact in the MDS and MDIS. SAP doesnt recommend changing the file aggregation count

The best option is to increase the time slice

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi/Abhishek,

This problem got solved eventually after analyzing XML file. Error was there with Data.

Actually we were receiving Spaces appended to values. e.g. if Data should be of two character length, then we were receiving 1 or 2 spaces extra with those two characters, making it difficult to handle the data for MDM system.

And we were receiving 2-3 fields with this behaviour. So we removed the spaces and then it worked fine.

Thank you both for your valueable suggestions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

please update

regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

First check if you are able to open the xml in the internet browser, if not then you can conclude that there is a data problem.

If it open normally,

Then change the Port properties in Console, Block on structural Excpetion to NO, this is place the erronous xml's in the exception folder and update all other in the repository.

One other way of checking is to check the import logs, mount the MDIS from the auxillary server.

Let us know your Import Logs status.

regards,

Abhishek