Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct Changes in the PRD system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I administer an SAP ECC 6.0 system on Oracle 10.2.0.2 /AIX 6.1. Ocasionally some mischievous superusers make direct change roles in the production system. This is a serious compromise of security and I'm under instructions to curtail this practice

I require your assistance on the following

1) Is it possible to disable generations of profiles via PFCG in the PRD & QAS systems ? I reckon such a development all changes to roles will have to be done in the DEV system & thereafter transported across the landscape. How else should I overcome this problem ?

2) Is it possible to identify the particular user who made the direct change to the roles in the PRD system ?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member82556
Participant
0 Kudos

You might also want to implement SAP note 312682 if you still want to limit the users from modifying the roles, but still give them the ability to assign roles via PFCG.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Msororaji

1) If you want to avoid users to modify users to modify roles in production, then u have to remove from those users the authorization to do this:

Start working with the autorization object S_USER_AGR (note actv 64):

The authorization object is used to protect the roles. Roles are used to combine users in groups and to assign them different attributes, in particular transactions and authorization profiles.

Together with authorization objects S_USER_GRP, S_USER_AUT, S_USER_PRO, S_USER_TCD, and S_USER_VAL, you can use this authorization object to distribute user administration, if different administrators are to administer the users.

Defined fields

ACT_GOUP

The field determines which roles may be processed.

ACTVT

The field determines which activities may be executed using the roles. You can choose from the following activities:

Create roles

Change roles

Display roles

Delete roles

Display change documents for roles

Compare role user master records

Roles are assigned to users with this.

This activity is not yet used. It is planned for use for additional objects that can be maintained from the roles.

Transport role

Distribute roles to another system using RFC

Generate authorization profiles from role.

Modeling: Assigning roles to systems or users in user management using models. The actual assignments can be derived from these models later.

Assign roles to systems or user groups in central system of central user administration

Assign single roles to composite roles

DL

Download

Save roles to a file

2) I think the information you´re looking for is under SUIM-> change documents-> for roles

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Diego.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Try a search on object S_USER_SAS value 22 - allows admin to retain PFCG (restricted) and SU01.

Kind regards

David

former_member82556
Participant
0 Kudos

You might also want to implement SAP note 312682 if you still want to limit the users from modifying the roles, but still give them the ability to assign roles via PFCG.