Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax Indicator issue in sales order pricing

former_member477577
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I m doing local sales for local customer where we have to apply VAT @12.5%.I have maintained Customer master with tax indicator JCST-1-C form and JLST-2-12.5% and condition record for condition JLST is country, plant region,region,tax for cust.-2,tax for mat.-1.

Now I m creating sales order but condition is not picking in pricing ,I have checked analysis where key combination for condition is country, plant region,region,tax for cust.-1,tax for mat.-1.

If I will customer master Tax indicator JCST-2 and JLST-2 then only condition record,but i want select tax indicator for JLST

plse suggest..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just see if you have maintained the condition records in u201CVK11u201D for JLST w.r.t country, plant, region etc. and also maintain proper tax procedure.

Also check in FTXP for Tax code, this tax code you have to maintain in u201CFV11u201D for the same.

Regards

DSR

former_member477577
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Everything is fine but my problem is I m nt getting proper output means if I will customer maintain tax indicator like 1-JCST and 2-JLST then I can not determine condition for 2-JLST though I maintained condition record for same.In analysis it is showing 1 for customer only.

if I will customer tax indicator like 2-JCST and 2-JLST then I can determine condition record for 2-JLST.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member477577
Participant
0 Kudos

pls correct i m wrong..

Edited by: KHAPREVIPIN on Dec 6, 2011 4:28 AM

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
where we have to apply VAT @12.5%.
JCST-1-C form and JLST-2-12.5%

I am not sure, what exactly you were trying to do. As you should be aware, condition type JCST would be used for CST and JLST would be used for VAT. This being the case, I am sure, you cannot use one customer code for both VAT & CST.

Still if you want to force the system to change the tax condition type and value in sale order, check whether you have done the following:-

a) In your access sequence, include tables 040 & 041

b) Create two tax codes; one for JCST & another for JLST

c) In customer master, see that both the tax classifications are maintained

d) In VK11, for tax condition type, by differentiating the tax classification of customer, assign the respective tax code

But even if you do the above, system will not fetch automatically. You have to change it manually at header level in sale order.

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member477577
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi,

Sorry for late reply...

See u r right ...

let's take one example customer is based in mumbai and i m selling good from gujrat plant n mumbai plant(Customer is same for both plant) then VAT and CST comes in picture.Now I have maintain customer master tax indicator with CST-1 and LST-2......n I have maintained condition record for LST condition with 12.5% but while creating sales order(mumbai plant)system in not picking LST condition,I have checked analysis where we can see tax indicator is 1.Now if i will make changes in customer master like both indicator would be CST-2 and LST-2 then system will pick up LST condition with 12.5%.

My que is anyways we r maintaining condition record for both condition(LST and CST) n also maintained TAx indicator for both condition(LST and CST) then why system is not picking proper condition ?

Edited by: KHAPREVIPIN on Nov 24, 2011 6:40 AM

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since despatches are being made from two different regions (plants), it is better you differentiate the tax classification for material instead of customer. That is in access sequence for this tax condition type, you maintain table 040 and differentiate in VK11 for material.

For example, the combination of table 040 is Country/State/Customer Classif.1/Material Classification 1

you have to maintain condition record as follows:-

a) IN / GJ / ABC / 1 / 1 => Tax Code A0 for LST

b) IN / MH / ABC / 1 / 2 => Tax Code A1 for CST

So while creating sale order, you can change the tax classification at item level based on which, tax will be calculated accordingly.

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member477577
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Lakshmi,

Helpful answer..

former_member477577
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi,

Above setting doesn't resolve the problem,here what I did I have created two condition table one is Country/plant/TaxClass1-Cust./Tax class. material (for JCST indicator-1)and second is Country/plant/TaxClas2-Cust./Tax class material (for JLST indicator-2) and assign in one access sequence n then condition type ,then I have created condition record for both condition with respective plant.

When I will create sales order i will put plant manually because of CST and LST determination.

Now scenario is like I have one customer code and two plant for delivering good from two different region,so I will put plant manually in sales order and update price in condition with 'C' option ,

When I will enter plant CST or LST will be fetching from condition record and when I will update price then other condition BED,CESS n HCESS will update the price.

Please correct me if I m wrong...

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes since you have plant as one of those combinations in condition record, definitely, it should work, when you change the plant in sale order. Check and update if it is not working

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member477577
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I change the plant in sales order still it is working and getting proper pricing but my question is I m creating sales order for two different plant means I have to create two different document type(sales order for of two plant) but here if will give plant of other document type still system is picking proper price values..

let's one example

Sale doc type (ZG)- Mumbai customer-Gujrat plant-condition record(CST-2%)

Sale doc type (ZM)- Mumbai customer-Mumbai plant-condition record(LST-12.5%)

If I will give Gujrat plant in Sale doc type (ZG) still system is picking right value and If I will give Mumbai plant in Sale doc type (ZM) still system is picking right value ...

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I m creating sales order for two different plant means I have to 
   create two different document type(sales order for of two plant

Not necessary. Why are you having two document types ?? One document type is sufficient. Of course, irrespective of document type, system will fetch CST or LST based on the combination what you are maintaining in condition record.

G. Lakshmipathi