cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple sales to party for a ship to party

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a scenario, for example. My company is a service provider to many mines..say..mine X,Y and Z. so in my SD sales order my sold to party is either X or Y or Z. Now the company wants to track the actual buyer of the material from these mines by way of capturing them as a Ship to party. So ship to parties say A, B & C . Now this A or B or C can purchase materials from any one of the above mines (because same materials are produced by mines). How do i capture his scenario at the time of creating sales order.

Possible solution i feel

1.define individual account group for sold to party and ship to party and enter their code separately in sales order.

2.Can i define possible sold to parties for a ship to party in the partner function,so that i will enter only ship to party and all possible sold to paty will come as a pop up....(pls explain if this is possible to do and how to do)

Regards,

Aju

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aju,

As you said you can create diffenent master records as per the account group.

You can assign many ship to party to one sold to party but can't assign many sold to parties to one ship to party.

For your case you can create one sold to party and assign many ship to parties in partner function in xd01/vd01.

Regards,

Dharminder dalal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Darminder,

As you said..system dose'nt allow me to enter more than one sold to party for a ship to party. But for a ship to party more than one sold to party is allowed.

I think in my case possible solution is to create two account group, one for sold to party and one for ship to party. In my case i cannot assign ship to party to sold to party account as there are more than 200 ship to party for a sold to party.

So i think let the user enter manually who is the ship to party in the sale order rather than system suggesting it.

Any suggestion...pls give

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aju,

You can do as you said, let the user enter manually during the order creation.

In another way if you have limited sold to parties you can assign them to all of your ship to parties through LSMW,while creating the sale order once you enter the ship to party system will propose the sold to party.

choose any one,as per the user friendly you can go as your wish.

Regards

Ram

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why don't u use customer hierarchy?

X, Y, Z is higher hierarchy.

A, B, C is lower hierarchy.

And A is sold to party and equal to shipto party. Applies to B, C and all your 200 ship-to parties. 1 is to 1 relationship.

In order entry, user enter 1 code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Aju,

Yes you can do as you said, create two account groups 1 for sold to party another for ship to party.

you can assign your sold to parties to your ship to parties or ship to parties to your sold to parties.

As per standard we generally assign different ship to parties to single sold to party,while creating the sale order once you enter the sold to party system will display allowed ship to parties in pop up.

EX: you have X,Y and Z sold to parties and A,B and C ship to parties

you can do like this

X sold to party , Y sold to party and Z sold to party

A ship to party A ship to party A ship to party

B ship to party B ship to party B ship to party

C ship to party C ship to party. C ship to party.

Regards

Ram

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your solution is correct. When you enter the customer number in the 'ship to' field in the order, you will get a pop up displaying the list of possible sold to numbers.

Thanks,

Ravi