cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landscape for BO in sap BI- BO Project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We have sap R/3 ,mm,fico and fm in our project.On top of our ecc ,we have created BI data ware house.

We want to implement BO.So what is the landscape for BO.

Have we need BO development,qwality and server?

can you tell me what is the necessary landscape?

Thanks & Regards,

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member235179
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat8130,

Usually in Enterprise deployments we would recommend that you have:

Dev, QA\Pre Prod and production implementations for smooth testing and transportation of report\data content across the landscape.

There are various levels of Fault Tolerance you can also factor into the deployment, so if a server goes down backup servers will come on line and maintain service. That is covered in our XI3.1 and BI4.0 Admin and Deployment Guides.

I hope this is a very helpful answer to you.

Kind regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks John,

Please give the reply for below things.

1)But cant we do all the Developing,testing ,Production reports in a Single Server with InfoView(XI R3.1 SP3)?

2)Or cant we do Qwality(Testing Reports) ,Development in One Server and Production reports in another Server?

3)Can i maintain every thing in in Single server(development reports ,Quality Server and Production Reports)?

3)Can i Integrate the Reports and Dashboards in another portal other than InfoView which we called EP(Enterprise Portal) including SSO from BI?

Regards,

Venkat

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1)But cant we do all the Developing,testing ,Production reports in a Single Server with InfoView(XI R3.1 SP3)?

You can, but it is going to be hard and messy

2)Or cant we do Qwality(Testing Reports) ,Development in One Server and Production reports in another Server?

That is better, but 3 system deployment is what is recomended

3)Can i maintain every thing in in Single server(development reports ,Quality Server and Production Reports)?

It is not recomended, hard to achieve and prone to problems.

3)Can i Integrate the Reports and Dashboards in another portal other than InfoView which we called EP(Enterprise Portal) including SSO from BI?

Yes, see Admin guide, Deployment planing guide, Portal integration guide and web apps deployment guide from http://help.sap.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a Lot Denis,

Finally we are planning to go with 1 BO Server.

Please give response to below Questions.

1)Can i do SSO between 1 Bo Server,3 BI Clusters(Dev,Qwality,Production)?

2)If i did above scenario, can i get 3 different InfoView Home Pages by giving System ID,Client (BI Dev,Qwality,Prod..)while loging into InfoView.

Regards

Venkat P

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. NO

2. Define what do you mean by different Infoview ?
If you mean different content depending on the CMS it is connected to - then yes. If different design/branding - then you'll need to deploy 3 sets of BOE apps to your tomcat.

Hope your single server can handle all the load you're placing on it or your users are going to be extremely un-happy with the performance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Denis,

I understood the following things.Correct me if i am wrong.

Please reply below things.

1)I can deploy 1 set of BOE for reports related to BI Development,Quality,Traing Server(Training is 1 more BI Server in our BI Landscape).in the tomcat.?

2)And 1more Set of BOE for reports related to BI Production only .

3)Define what do you mean by different InfoView?

Like in Universe Designer,if i just change the Application Server,Client,SID then i could see the separate server.So can i able to see new InfoView Portal ,if i deploy another BOE in my BO server with tomcat.

4)Could you please provide any document exactly related to this BOE deployment discussion in same Server?

Please suggest if any thing needed?

Thanks & Regards,

Venkat P

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you need to review following documents prior to planning your deployment :

Deployment Planing guide
Admin Guide
Installation guide
Web Applications Deployment Guide.

They will have answers to your questions and can be found on http://help.sap.com/boall/http://help.sap.com/