cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrating Adobe Flex in Visual Composer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to display a list in a tree structure and based on what was chosen on the structure, a detailed information of the item is displayed in a separate window. If you can imagine: left hand side is the tree structure and on the right is the detailed information.

I'm going to use Visual Composer to show the detail information and I did some research and it seems there's no way to set up so that a tree structure is shown if I use Visual Composer. So, now I'm thinking of using Adobe Flex for doing that.

My problem is now understanding how I can incorporate Adobe Flex during the design in Visual Composer and use eventing to pass on the information on what the user chose to the BAPI that will show the detailed information. I also found out that the Flex Server should be configured in the Visual Composer. Can anyone advice?

Also, does anyone know if modeling tree structure in Visual Composer is possible?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member203343
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can do this by first embedding Flex into a Web Dynpro application and then consuming this WebDynpro application in a VC model.

Here are some resources:

1. Embedding a Flash island in a WD application:

[|]

2. Consuming a WebDynpro component in a VC model:

[http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/20327c85-9bbc-2b10-968b-bca4bdfa45c6?overridelayout=true|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/20327c85-9bbc-2b10-968b-bca4bdfa45c6?overridelayout=true]

Hope this helps,

Natty

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

anja_engelhardt2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

what's your VC version?

Anja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The version I have is 7.3. Does the version make any difference?

anja_engelhardt2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, there is a huge difference. For 7.0 all models have been deployed in Flex and it was possible to develop your own flex components. For 7.3 I don't know of any solution like this but let me check with some colleagues...

Anja