Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

time buckets

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I have couple of tests to be performed.

1) We have a planning book that has future horizon of 2 years.A new data view is created with first 26 weeks in weeks and the rest of the horizon is in months. When I create test data and run the macro to calculate the total forecast how will the data appear during the rolling period of last 26th weeks and the 1st month?

2) From the above PB, DP data is released to SNP. In SNP we have the two year horizon.. with first 6 weeks in days, next 10.5 months in weeks and the rest 1 year in 12months. How will the data be dis aggregated? Is there any configuration to be performed? Kindly reply with detailed steps and transaction codes.

This is only for display for forecast, All the data is stored in weekly storage buckets in livecache.

Any quick responses are highly appreciated.

Sai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I have the following problem not yet resolved

2) In DP we have a planning book that has future horizon of 2 years.A new data view is created with first  26 weeks in weeks and the rest of the horizon is in months.From this PB, DP data is released to SNP. In SNP we have the two year horizon.. with first 6 weeks in days, next 10.5 months in weeks and the rest 1 year in 12months. How will the data be dis aggregated? Is there any configuration to be performed? Kindly reply with detailed steps and transaction codes.

I have tried different options using split profile and DFCT but unsuccessful.  And also the release to SNP happens from release profile in /n/sapapo/mc8s and not from MC90.

Can anyone please suggest a solution in detail with all the t codes?

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai

1) You need to maintain distribution function and period split profile to achieve this. You can access them through (Demand Planning -> Environment -> Current Settings). You would get documenttaion in SAP Help

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_SCM700_ehp02/helpdata/en/5f/176d4160168147e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

You can also check the following thread that discusses similar queries

http://scn.sap.com/thread/2118708

Release to SNP can happen either through MC90 as MC8S depending on whether you are using background processing or not. You may check consulting Note 403050 for this.

Thanks,

Prasun

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

Probably, you'd have got a solution to your issue by now. If not, you may consider using the daily bucket profile of 2 years horizon in days (equivalent of your SNP period bucket profile) alone to release the forecast from DP to SNP using a release profile. It will release the data in daily buckets and then rolled up in SNP data view based on the period bucket profile you defined for that view i.e. with first 6 weeks in days, next 10.5 months in weeks and the rest 1 year in 12months.

Dependencies

The period split also determines how the demand plan is released to SNP. You set the period split in the product master record (the SNP2 tab).

Thanks,

Rajesh

0 Kudos

Hi Sai

1. Standing on 11/20/2011 the first week is dated 11/14 and the 26th week falls on 7th of May 2012. The monthly bucket starts from June 2012 and goes on till Oct 2012. This is how the total 2 years with first 26 weeks and rest months will look like in the planning book.

2. Through /SAPAPO/DFCT maintain the proportional factor (weights to be considered while splitting) that needs to be consider while distributing the total forecast from week to day bucket and another for month to week as per your requirement. Assign this distribution function to the Split Profile through /SAPAPO/SDP_SPLIT . In the split profile have 3 levels of details: from Week to Days, Month to Weeks and Month to Month with the corresponding Distribution Function. This Split Profile needs to be assigned to Period Split Profile in /SAPAPO/MC90 during release from DP to SNP. Besides this Split Profile, a Planning Bucket Profile representing Days, Week and Months periodicity of the total 2 year horizon needs to be assigned along with other relevant parameters.

Does that help.

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi srini,

Thank you very much for your expertise.

Regarding the first question I am unable to define 6.5 months as 26 weeks as time bucket profile is not taking decimals. Is there any other way to achieve this.

The second point, /SAPAPO/SDP_SPLIT could you please explain in detail what is the difference between the options in the period split field?

Regards,

Sai

Edited by: st.sapscm on Nov 29, 2011 9:02 AM