cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proxy to SOAP with Payload + Stripped Payload as ZIP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

I have a requirement from Proxy message to Web Service call where i need partial payload to be zipped and send

I am looking at blog below, which will help to zip the payload for any message.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/50ce0433-4309-2b10-4bb4-d421e7846...

Please correct me if my approach is could work or suggest me any easy or possible ways

Source Structure

<Root>

<Elemtn1>Element</Element1>

<Element2>Element2<Element2>

<ZipPayload>some binary data goes here</ZipPayload>

</Root>

Target

<Root>

<ZipPayload>Filename.zip</ZipPayload>

</Root>

The out still needs to have the payload, part of it will be zipped as an attachment to the soap receiver adapter and mentioned zip file name in the 1st payload

Straight interface mapping with 2 Message Mappings.

1. Map the source to target and generate dynamic file name and assign into ZipPayload field

2. Use the the method from the link above on zipping the file.

Will this work sending payload with attachment via web service? Please advice

I appreciate your input in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I recommend to do the zipping and the creation of the attachment in ABAP (at sender side).

You could also use a Java mapping (starting from PI 7.1), but why have two places for creating code?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sender is not an option, because of lack of skills

XI MM, we have two maps because, source payload will be split into two sets

1 Partial Header Payload

2. Details Payload will be zipped and generate dynamic zip file name and attach to the Payload 1.

The output should look like in the earlier example

Payload

<Root>

<ZipPayload>Filename.zip</ZipPayload>

</Root>

+

________

Zip File

-

Payload + Zip file as an attachment when it calls the web service.

I am yet to do the POC, meanwhile i am checking here to see if it is feasible option.

Btw, can any one can compile the java code and attach the class file here for the following link please. Appreciated in advance. I have no java experience in first place and it will be a tough thing to do from my side

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/50ce0433-4309-2b10-4bb4-d421e7846...

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Sender is not an option, because of lack of skills

> (...)

> I have no java experience in first place and it will be a tough thing to do from my side

I am sorry for being rude. When you have no ABAP skills and no Java skills, then you can't do this job.

Former Member
0 Kudos

on Sender side, other team doing it. They said they have no experience sending data to a proxy with zip file.

On the java side, we can have the map from the example provided above and the required mappings. Still done offshore.

But i am here to give them direction, for that i have to make sure 100% that this will work.

The question still remains, If i choose 2 Maps, 1 for the transformation, 2nd for Zip file. Both still goes through Web Service call or not with 2 MM in 1 IM

I am going to execute the POC today to see if it works. I will be back soon with the results

Former Member
0 Kudos

my POC fails because of using the same source to the same target for Graphical Map and Java Map

I am trying to create exclusive Java map for the same which contains payload and zip file, will post the results soon

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Soap adapter supports attachment. So not a problem. You are in the right track. PayloadZipBean module will help for your requirement,

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need both payload + Payload zip

is it possible with above scenario