cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to upgrade Support Package Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings,

Just installed Solution Manager 7.1 on new Server running Windows 2008 R2 with MS SQL 2008 R2.

Now trying to import most up-to-date Kernel, ABAP Stack, and Java Stack using Note 1577909. Kernel worked fine. for ABAP Stack, made it through loading the OCS Packages, then tried to use the "Stack XML file" option in SAINT.

SAINT told me I need to be at least at SPAM level 0040 - currently at 0039.

Downloaded version 0043 in KD73043.SAR, used SAPCAR to create file CSN0120061532_0054818.PAT in directory usr\sap\trans\eps\in and file SIGNATURE.SMF in directory usr\sap\trans.

SAINT successfully loaded this OCS package.

When I go to SPAM and select Support Package --> Import SAP/SAINT Update, all I get is "No SPAM/SAINT update found". If I try to load it again via SPAM it says it's already loaded.

I tried to use KD73043.SAR with Support Package --> Load packages --> From Front End; it sees the SAR file and when opened allows me to Decompress it to the PAT and SMF files, and says "File 'kd73043.sar' successfully transferred, decompressed, and then deleted", but I still get "No SPAM/SAINT update found".

Any ideas how to get this new version into SAP?

Thanks in advance for your time and consideration.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Are you sure that the file KD73043.SAR is the correct one ?

In other words, what is the NW release/SAP_BASIS release/Kernel release of Solman 7.1 at present ?

Thanks

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

1. Looks like you picked up wrong SPAM/SAINT patch of release 730. It should be 710 as your solman is of release 7.10. Please check your kernel release (disp+work -v).

2. Please check permissions of extracted .PAT and .ATT files. These files should be owned by SIDADM with necessary permissions and placed in the path defined in parameter DIR_EPS_ROOT.

Thanks,

Siva Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

A agree with Siva..

As your Solution manager is release 7.1 you should look for the same SPAM/SAINT update.

You have downloaded, i guess, the wrong SAR file that is of 7.3 release.

please download the correct patch and apply it.

Regards,

Priyanshu Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings Friends,

Thank you for your timely and informative responses. I tried to give Problem Solved points to all, but that's apparently not allowed.

I have 10 years experience with SAP, but almost none of it in Basis. The note said to use the latest version of SPM, so I took the highest I could find.

In System Status Componenet Information I see releases mostly at 702 for the Basis components, so I tried to download the 702 update for SPAM/SAINT.

For some reason, it's in the Approved List category instead of in my Inbox - it's telling me that this is "only available via Maintenance Optimizer in SAP Solution Manager". But MOPZ is not a valid transaction in our SM system.

So I have to back to research.

Thanks again for your help.

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

You can access Maintenance Optimizer to approve and download SAP Packages from the following path.

Transaction code Solution_manager --> Click on desired Solution system --> Change Management --> Maintenance Optimizer.

Please take a look at the below link to understand how to user Maintenance Optimizer.

http://www.rbe-plus.ru/pdf/solman_MaintenanceOptimizer.pdf

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_smehp1/helpdata/en/46/418970cdb45fabe10000000a1553f7/content.htm

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Siva Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Was there only one file in KD73043.SAR? Usually there is a .PAT and a .ATT. You can use SAPCAR -tvf KD73043.SAR from a command prompt to see what is in a SAR file.

normally you place the SAR file in /usr/sap/trans, and then do SAPCAR -xvf KD73043.SAR and it expands the files into the /usr/sap/trans/EPS/in directory.

If the correct files are in /usr/sap/trans/EPS/in, then you should see them in SPAM by doing the updoad from SERVER vs fronend.

See if that helps. Aboout the only other issue is would be if the files were owned by the wrong user, i.e. they should be owned by sidadm.