cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI-Java Portal with slow IP Template app. Slow Rendering

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not sure if there is a better forum to post this in, if so please advise. I'm not sure this is a BI-Java, or or general portal issue.

A BI-JAVA app Integrated Planning is being implemented. Total time to retreive data is about 60 seconds. all SQL in BW and BI-Java servers are running at good speed per sql traces. These are 2 seperate single stack systems.

A Wily Interscope trace shows about 25 seconds being used on backend RFCs to get the data. The other 35 seconds are almost all in a process Rendering phase. 25 seconds maybe ok based on the amt of data retrieved. I am more concrened about the 35 seconds of rendering time.

Wiley shows 35 seconds for the rendering phase. As you drill to the lower levels they all have green lights. Some are 1 or 2 percent or about 1-2 seconds. The rest are 0% or about 0-1 millisecond. If you ad them all up, you only get about 6 seconds. But it showing rendering taking 35 seconds. So the sub parts of the tree do not add up to the 35 seconds.

Any idea why rendering would be taking so long

This is nw701 support pack stack 5.

Also, I already took about 10 seconds from rendering time because the browsers were doing virus checking on the Bi-java portal server. so after exempting from scanning, the rending dropped from 45 to 35 seconds.

Your ideas are appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

blanca_serrano
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Felt,

I would try to post the question in SAP NetWeaver Performance forum.

Regards,

Blanca

Answers (0)