cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign handling units to outbound delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

For our Make-to-Stock scenario, production is run and straight after, we are packing the materials and thus creating handling units. For example, lets say we just produced 100 EA and we can fit 10 EA onto a pallet, we therefore pack the 100EA onto 10 pallets - giving us 10 handling units.

Now, lets say that I have a sales order created for qty = 50 EA. Upon delivery, I would like the system to automatically assign 5 handling units to this (it can be any 5 of the 10 created above).

Currently the only way to do this is to manually type in the HU numbers on the packing screen which is very tedious.

SAP has a page on this but unfortunately the transaction they refer to doesn't exist: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_rc10/helpdata/en/15/4e180d0c5e11d4968c00a0c943a141/frameset.htm

Please advise,

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This might help you:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the link

What I was hoping for however was to find a process where I can assign already packaged handling units to a delivery. Right now in VL01N, I have to manually enter the handling unit numbers that are packed.

I would like that the system can propose these for you

Former Member
0 Kudos

You mean 5 OB using same handling units?

Have you try shipment document? VT01N, that should allow you to combine the packing data.

Or HUPAST is the one you are looking for?

Edited by: Alan Love on Nov 22, 2011 1:27 PM