cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stopping and the Start Communication Channels Externally

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Team,

We have a requirement to stop the selected communication channels during monthly transports in our R3 System to avoid data flow through PI.

Can anyone suggest the way how to achieve stop and start of channels through Availability Time Planning.

I can schedule the selected channels for particular time duration means , we do scheduling for Start and Stop.

But I need reverse, i.e Stop and then Start again.

Please suggest, its urgent.

Regards,

Anurag Garg

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

be careful , you cannot do an external trigger trough an availibility-time planning, as CC works in only one mode among three (exclusive):

- Manually: standard mode

- Automatic: standard mode but scheduled in time (daily, weekly, etc...) by using availibility-time planning

- External: so trigger by an external tool (address HTTP with action stop / start / status)

so if your CC it's scheduled by availibility-time planning, that means your CC is in mode "Automatic" and so not in mode "External", and so this CC cannot be triggered by an external tool !

If you want to STOP / START your CC by an external tool, you should choose the "external" mode, but in counterpart your availibity-time planning does not work (no more). So your scheduling should be managed now by your external tool.

with a quick search on SDN, you will find wiki, blog, sap help, and for instance this [blog 24741 - abap program|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/24741] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];.

regards

mickael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

You can control the channels external by simply calling a URL, the details are mentioned in below blog

Thanks

Aamir

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Availability time palling will not work for your requirement, check below link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/45/0c86aab4d14dece10000000a11466f/content.htm