Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exclude QA Stock in MD04/MRP Planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys:

I have 10000-Unrestricted , 2000 in Quality stock

when I check in MD04 Availble qty should show 10000 but it is showing 12000 in MD04.

I don't know unless i release QA stock to unrestricted it is not determined as good stock. I don't want to include QA stock into my MRP planning.

How to exclude that?

Thanks

Sweth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in OVZ9 ATP checking rules you can customize whether Q-stock is considered as available or not

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys:

OVZ9 is not allowing quality @ Scope of Check level , so that quality stock won'r be allocated to sales orders.

Creating Additional Storage Location for Quality area and excluding from MRP Lot of additional config.

My Question is since quality stock is defective or suspected stock we don't want to consider that as an available stock for MRP Planning.

Thanks

Sweth

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

had you been in the detail in OVZ9? Select appropriate availability check and checking rule and click on detail view

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen:

we are not including Quality stock in our scope of check, we are fine with that interms of Sales Perspective.

the question is we don't want to consider Quality stock into availble stock for our MRP Planning Purposes.

thanks

sweth

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Create a separate storage location and move the quality stock to this location. Then in the material master MRP4 view, keep value 1 in the SLoc MRP indicator field and check again.

Regards,

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

The customizing settings from OVZ9 are not considered by MRP or MD04.

The customizing transaction to define which stocks are available for MRP is OPPI.

However, it only possible to define the MRP availability of restricted-use, blocked or stock in transfer.

If you want to control the quality stock availability you have the following options:

1 - Move it to blocked or restricted-use.

2 - Move it to a storage location planned separately, as suggested by Shiva.

3 - Use BAdi MD_CHANGE_MRP_DATA to define your own logic to control.

If you want to use a BAdI, please take a look on the following document that I have created about the more useful MRP BAdIs:

http://scn.sap.com/community/erp/manufacturing-pp/blog/2013/08/12/badis-for-mrp

BR

Caetano

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check in Availability check in MRP view is there it considering inspection stock.If yes then remove the inspection stock check availability check in configuration then try.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sweth ,

The quality inspection stock should be displayed in Transactions MD43, MD04 and the other MRP transactions.

The system behaves according to the documentation (Net requirement calculation):

The following stocks are grouped together to form plant stock:

- Unrestricted-use stock

- Stock in quality inspection

- Unrestricted-use consignment stock

- Consignment warehouse stock in quality inspection

In Customizing for MRP in the IMG activity Availability of Stock in Transfer/Blocked Stock/ Restricted Stock , you can also determine whether stock in transfer , blocked stock , and restricted-use stock are included in the plant.

Please read the documentation included in this link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/f4/7d27aa44af11d182b40000e829fbfe/content.htm

Unfortunately, an option to exclude quality inspection stock does not exist

in the customizing.

In the stock requirement list (MD04) , stock in quality check is always considered as available and part of the available stock. Therefore it is considered in the ATP-check from Transaction MD04. The system here works as designed. Only if you are working with the QM-module and using inspection lots , these are not included in the available stock but considered regular entries.

A possible alternative is to create a singularly storage location for a special QI Stock, which is not available for MRP.

I hope this information has been helpful.

Best Regards,

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sweth ,

The quality inspection stock should be displayed in Transactions MD43, MD04 and the other MRP transactions.

The system behaves according to the documentation (Net requirement calculation):

The following stocks are grouped together to form plant stock:

- Unrestricted-use stock

- Stock in quality inspection

- Unrestricted-use consignment stock

- Consignment warehouse stock in quality inspection

In Customizing for MRP in the IMG activity Availability of Stock in Transfer/Blocked Stock/ Restricted Stock , you can also determine whether stock in transfer , blocked stock , and restricted-use stock are included in the plant.

Please read the documentation included in this link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/f4/7d27aa44af11d182b40000e829fbfe/content.htm

Unfortunately, an option to exclude quality inspection stock does not exist

in the customizing.

In the stock requirement list (MD04) , stock in quality check is always considered as available and part of the available stock. Therefore it is considered in the ATP-check from Transaction MD04. The system here works as designed. Only if you are working with the QM-module and using inspection lots , these are not included in the available stock but considered regular entries.

A possible alternative is to create a singularly storage location for a special QI Stock, which is not available for MRP.

I hope this information has been helpful.

Best Regards,

Frank