cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in Embedding View in a Window

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am facing problem in Embeding View in a Window.

I have created a View 1 which is to be used in two other Views - View 2 and View 3.

Now these 2 views - View 2 and VIew 3 are to be embeded in a tabstrip in View 4.

SO I have created Window - WIND , containg View 4.

As it containg View 2 & View 3 (both these contains embeded View 1)

No I am getting dump - View 1 is already Displayed in Windoe - WIND of Component - ABC.

Regards,

Sowmen das

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can embed the same view many times in same window, But cannot display the same view

more than once in same window.

So as per your requirement if it is mandatory for you to display both view2 and view3 at a time in view4

then you must create a copy of view1 and embed it into view3.

Or if any one of view2 and view3 is to be displayed, then you can embed these views in a single

view container and display whichever required which would not give you any error.

Hope this helps, Get back if you have any other queries.

ajoy_chakraborty
Participant
0 Kudos

Use VIEW CONTAINER UI ELEMENT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the view 1 is not to be used seperately in a window , embed view 1 in the same window as view 4.

Thanks and regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you clearly tell your scenario.

Karthik.R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Web dynpro we can embedded more than one view per window . but one view can't embedded twice. Pls can you put a full requirement, were you are facing the problem.

Thanks & Regards,

Jana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sowmen,

Web Dynpro doesn't allow to add the same view twice in an active window.

Can you elaborate on the requirement like why the view is used twice so that we can suggest a different approach?

In the tabstrip of view 4 are you trying to add view 2 and view 3 to a single tab? It is not possible as you cannot use more than one View Container UI element in a tab and at one point of time only one view in the view container will be defaulted.

If you want it in two separate tabs then add view container UI element to the two tabs and embed the views accordingly.

Regards,

Sayan

Edited by: jana6586 on Mar 6, 2012 1:57 PM