Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customize F4 help in ALV column

prathamesh_gandhi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to attach the customize f4 help to one of my column in ALV. how to do this?? is there any event for this ??? or any other related concept ?

Thanks In Advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You can change the value help assignment on the attribute in the context.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp2/helpdata/en/47/9f724642314aabe10000000a42189b/frameset.htm

prathamesh_gandhi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas Jung,

I have created the search help(SET_ATTRIBUTE_VALUE_HELP,SET_ATTRIBUTE_VALUE_SET) dynamically in program. Now can i set that F4 help to a column in ALV??? Also i want to know that can i set the size of that F4 help window.

Thanks,

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Setting the value help dynamically into the context via the APIs you mention will work as well. Since you are setting them into the context, the settings will be picked up by the ALV table as well.

You can't set the size of the value help. It resizes automatically to fit the inner contents.

prathamesh_gandhi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas Jung ,

Thanks for your valuable reply. it solves my problem. I have one more question for you. can i call other webdynpro application on F4?? is it also possible in ALV??

i will explain my requirement in details- i have a webdynpro application(A) there is a input field, i want to show that filed with F4 symbol and on that F4 i want to call other wevdynpro application(B).

Thanks In Advance.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

The closest thing is the freely programmed value help. This lets you create the component which runs in the F4 dialog. You can't just use any WD Component, however. The component just have a certain interface on it. You can read more on the topic here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp2/helpdata/en/47/9ef8cc9b5e3c5ce10000000a421937/frameset.htm

prathamesh_gandhi
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Thomas Jung,

I am able to set the F4 help in ALV. but i have a issue, i have a i/p field as a company code and on that filed value the f4 should be refresh. i.e if company code is 1000 then in f4 i sholud have vendor list as (2001,2002) but when i change the company code to 1001 then in f4 i should have vendor list as (2003,2004,2005).

is it possible to refresh the f4 in alv???

Thanks In Advance

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You can use importing parameters of the DDic Search help as long as the other attributes are in the same context element. This approach also requires that you use a DDic Structure or Table as the source of the context node and that the Structure/Table has the Search Help parameter mapping declared within the DDic defintion. You can read more about it here in the integration section:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp2/helpdata/en/47/9f724642314aabe10000000a42189b/frameset.htm

If a search help has been defined for a field of a structure in the ABAP Dictionary, and the assignment defined in the ABAP Dictionary of search help parameter to field name of the structure is to be used for Web Dynpro value help, assign the structure name to the Dictionary Structure property. This ensures that all components of the structure are available dynamically at runtime as attributes of the node.

The other option is to use the freely programmed value help instead. In the value help handler you have access to the entire source context element and can programmatically access any of the other attributes.

prathamesh_gandhi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas Jung,

Its working fine in ALV. but when i try to put the attribute as a input field out of the ALV, its not working. my requirement is like, i have a company code filed in header(Not in ALV), and based on value input in that filed i have to show the f4 for vendor in ALV.\

is it possible?

Thanks In advance.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

As already desribed for importing parameters to work, they have to come from an attribute within the same context node/element as the attribute trigging the value help. Otherwise you would need to use freely programmed value help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi:Thomas

In wda how to created a freely programmed help in ALV column ?

Is there  specific examples?

thanks.

Answers (0)