cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems related to the device application Blackberry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I ma trying to create the sample application on Blackberry.

I followed the following steps:

1. On sybase 1.5.2 workspace i created a mobile application project.

2. Dragged customer dba and sales order dba on the diagram scree.

3. Created the relationships and deployed and generated the code.It generated successfully.

Nect i installed Blackberry JDE 1.3 under C drive that is outside the sybase installation root folder.

I opened the Blackberry JDE and created a blackberry project there.

I copied the src from the generated code folder to the scr folder under my BB app.

I added the two extenal jar files i.e sup-client-rima nd UltraliteJ but i get lots of compile errors when i included the mbo source folder under this folder.

When i tried including the jar files under the jre (the java jar files) the errors only increased.

Can some one please guide me here.I have been struggling since past many days on this.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards

Shweta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta

For SUP 1.5.2 the jar files that need to be added to the library are sup-client-rim.jar and UltraliteJ.jar.

Next These files are found inside \Servers\Unwired Server\client API \BB\4.2. I am not sure of the exact path as it was long back that i used SUP 1.5.2

Also first try to run a sample application in BB 1.3 eJDE.

Thanks

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep

Thanks for your response.I have already these jar files addeed to my project,compiling the code with 1.3 does not help and introduces compile errors,Anyhow i managed to compile the code with jre 1.5 but now when i try to package it it gives me an Illegal type in Constant pool error.I checked various posts around it,Most of them recommend to compile the code with jre 1.4 but this compiler level does not evem compile the code as there are Generics involved in the code which are not part of Java 1.4

Any pointers would be really helpful.

Thanks and Regards

Shweta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It is recommended to set the compiler settings to Java 1.3 or max 1.4, this can be found in the project properties->Java compiler.

Blackberry Application should be developed to run on BB devices that have JVM that is different from the one found on your PC.

So the reason you are having compile issues is because you are using API's not supported by the BB/SUP libraries.

Please take a look at BB and SUP supported API's before using any API.

Thanks

Pradeep