Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Project - Assembly Assignment of Component

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are using BOM Transfer in our projects.

The issue is that when we create a new project as a copy of an old project the information in the Assignment Tap of the components is not being copied. And we would like to keep the information of the assembly and the main assembly of the item.

Is this because of a system error? Or it is standard behaviour? Can be mended?

Thanks a lot

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ...

While copying the desired project and creating a new project are you un-checking the "With activities" check box and also "Components" check box ?.If yes pls do not do that,once u copy the project in the template tab,make sure that both the "With activities" and the "Components" Check boxes are checked.i.e it's ticked.

Pls do that and check again.I hope this will rsolve your problem.

Pls try

Regards

Gaurav

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav206,

I don't know which Template Tab do you mean.

I'm copying the project from CJ20N, Project/New/Copy Project.

Could you give a bit more of detail about how to do it?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ...

While copying the desired project and creating a new project u are basically copyng the project with all it's material components and activities in short the entire BOM,whereas you are not creating any BOM and transfering the same to the new project.Once u transfer a header components with it's material components through BOM to the project,u will be able to view the main assembly and it's assembly in the assignment tab.

Reagrds

Gaurav

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We already knew that, but we don't want to transfer again all the header BOMs.

We would like to copy all from the beginning, without having to use CN33 transaction.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ....

If you copy a project w/o any kind of changes then you would not get any information of the assembly and the main assembly of the item,as u are purely copying the project from an existing project.

To get informatin of the assembly and it's main assembly in a project u need to do it through cn33.

I guess it's a std. behavior that if u copy a project from an existing project then you will not get any details about the assembly and it's main assembly for a material comp.

Regards

Gaurav

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I really think this should not work this way, all the data should be copied.

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I found out that the information is actually being copied in table RESB. The field RESB-STLNR keeps the BOM to which the component belongs. The issue is that the field RESB-STLTY is empty and that is the reason of why is not being displayed in CJ20N.

I believe we could consider this a error. What do you experts think?