Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No delivery date calculation required

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Situation:

Our US sales organization works with a non SAP ecommerce tool for sales of all materials. Every night (European time) a job is scheduled to send over the information about created orders and deliveries. As such orders get created in SAP.

Most often the delivery for these orders already occurred so they just want to deliver them out of SAP once the orders are created there. They do not want SAP to calculate the earliest delivery date based on ATP logic and routing because then they have to constantly set the delivery date in future during delivery creation.

Our US colleagues only mind of the stock levels which they constantly (every 10 minutes) update to their web based tool and which they want to be accurate all the time.

My idea was to set the availability check for all materials in the US sales org to "KP - Do not check". But then I still have to deal with the route determination. Would it be wise to set the number of days to 0 for each case?

Or can I somehow "switch off" routing for US delivered customers?

What would be the best way to make sure the proposed delivery date in the schedule lines for every material has the date the order was created? Except for ATP logic and route determination are there any other settings I have to consider?

Best regards,

Geert

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sam_bayer
Participant
0 Kudos

Fix the root problem. Give them a website that accesses SAP in real time and obviate the need for any synchronizations. I am willing to bet that ATP and Deliveries are not the only synchronization issues. What about pricing (more than likely now maintained in two places), relationship between soldtos and shiptos, two freight calculating programs, two tax calculating programs etc. etc.

I know that this isn't a very helpful answer to you in the short term. However, I encounter this problem on a daily basis and have come to learn that it's not an ATP issue. It's an IT versus Business issue. How could a disconnected website have been created in the first place? That's the question that your business should really be asking.

Sam

Answers (0)