cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto-restarting System errors in the Adapter Engine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

IThere is a default parameter that is set to restart messages stuck in the adapter engine. that parameter ensures that those messages are restarted every 5 mins for 3 times.

IS there a possiblity to create a new job to restart the all AE system errors every 30 mins?

Requirement

1. Restart system errors in AE every 5 mins for 3 times - This is already in place.

2. In addition to step1, restart all System errors in AE every 30 mins?

Appreciate your help.

Thank You.

Arvind R.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

So you do not want to modify the current processing but to add a new "scheduling" but trigger by the fact you have CC in error.

I think you should at least manage an alert . to be honest I did not yet done with a CC

You probably could use the API the catch the fact you have CC in error (x), but I do not know if you could be able, also with API, to restart a CC... I only know that we can START/STOP a CC, only if it's CC is in external mode... which is certainly not the case for your CC (especially for receiver CC).

(x) be careful, CC is a liar: it says "I have had an error during the last 20min", even if since 3 min your CC works perfectly

According to SAP, that's a normal behaviour... According to SAP... but that's a nightmare when we wan to trigger properly a CC in external mode.

regards.

Mickael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure which version of PI you use .

In the RWB>Component Monitoirng>adapter Engine-->back ground processing, you have a option creating/scheduling restart job which will automatically retry all failed messages in AE in a defined interval .

Please make sure you have created a job with job type as restart

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

go to communication chennal monitoing , select your communictaion channel then down end you will have 3 options..cluster node,administration and settings.

click on settings tab, there it will show the current retry interval time and max numbe rof retries,change the value accordingly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

also refer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need note : 1373289 and also make sure that you have PI 7.1 SP9 onwards.