cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send Idocs through saprouter or use SAP PI ?

Farid
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have an urgent request from an external company to send us Idcos from their SAP system to our SAP systems (ECC6 EHP4).

We have two technical alternatives ;

• The external company send their Idocs (tRFC) through our saprouter.

I have some doubts wehther or not it is technically feasible to send Idocs through a saprouter?

External Company -- Idocs through Saprouter -

> Our ECC6

• The company send their documents to our PI using the HTP adaptter for example, and from there PI cnoverts the incoming HTTP in idocs and transfers the messages to ECC6.

But this solution involves PI developements and can't be done shortly.

External Company -

http(s)---Our SAP Pi -

Idocs-----> Our ECC6

So I would prefer the first solution, unless it is not feasible.

But maybe I am missing something, do you see any advantage of using PI ?

Any advice would be highly appreciated

Thanks

Regards

Raoul

Edited by: Raoul Shiro on Nov 18, 2011 12:59 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As of my understanding sap router thing will not work for idoc to idoc transfer.

pl. post here if you have done successful idoc transfer through sap router.

Farid
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Jackson,

Thank you for your answer.

I also share your doubts about sending Idocs through saprouter, even though I can't explain it.

I have spent the whole morning on SDN, searching for posts from people trying to send Idocs to saprouter

I couldn't find any.

Regards

Raoul

Former Member
0 Kudos

funnily enough i found this post by searching for something slightly different, however it relates to the same thing...

i am looking at integrating CaaS from SAP to SAP system.  the suggested method for connection between the SAP Systems in ALE over SAPRouter with VPN, so it is possible. 

the SAP Router is only used to ALE to ALE the two external Systems and the messages are delivered and processed as is.   The SAP Router is entered in the SM59 connection for ABAP System you connect to.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. I would be very grateful if you could tell me if you finally achived to exchange IDOCs between two  SAP Systems located in diferent networks through SAP Router without using SAP PI.

Thanks a lot.

Answers (0)