cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idoc Missing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I made some changes to the mapping in DEV and it's an Idoc to File scenario. When I transported the tpz file, SWCV to the QAS, the Idoc is missing.

It was working fine earlier. The Idoc I use is INFRECMASS. I don't see that Idoc in the QAS.

Can I search for the Idoc in ESR of QAS? Do I have to import the Idoc again to QAS?

How do I lose Idoc when I transport the tpz file?

Can I restore it?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Firstly, as you modified the Idoc, I suggest you to go in IDX2 of you PI quality, and delete the entry corresponding to your idoc.

Do not worry, IDX2 is just a cache for Idoc structure (metadata), that also the reason when we change Idoc structure in ESR / ID, then we have a bad behaviour in runtime: due to the IDX2 cache we do not know this change and continue to use the old version.

regards

Mickael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mickael

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I doubt that's the reason. I had two Idocs in the SWCV that I transported, one is still working fine, while the other is not. The SWCV that I transported has been linked to SAP APPL 6.04. The Idoc that is imported to that, MATMAS is still there. I mean in QAS. However in the QAS of PI, I imported the INFRECMASS to the SWCV that I created in DEV, which is what I transported to QAS. I think that got overwritten.

I am thinking of importing INFRECMASS into the SAP APPL 6.04 SWCV of the QAS from ECC QAS. Would this serve the purpose?

Reagrds

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> I am thinking of importing INFRECMASS into the SAP APPL 6.04 SWCV of the QAS from ECC QAS. Would this serve the purpose?

>

i think it will solve your problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Ajith,

you are right, I beleived you modified the Idoc definition (itself), but it seems it's not the case. So cleaning idoc cache is useless. Sorry.

So If I well understood, in PI dev, you have something like that:

- idoc INFRECMASS defined in SAP APPL 6.04 SWCV

- a specific mapping defined in a specific SWCV, which use idoc INFRECMASS.

And in PI Qua, what do you have ? have you also transported the SAP APPL 6.04 SWCV ?

including the usage-depency if you have (for instance between you specific SWCV and SAP APPL 6.04).

I am thinking of importing INFRECMASS into the SAP APPL 6.04 SWCV of the QAS from ECC QAS. Would this serve the purpose?

I don't think that a good practice, coz if you do it in Qua, will you do it also in Prod? and I'm not sure that solved the issue, as you already transported it to PI qua from Pi dev.

Are you sure that your SLD of PI qua has the same objects (product, SWCV) declared in Technical System and Business System, than these ones of SLD of your PI dev. Coz if BS does not have the selected Product / SWCV, that could be greatly a reason why PI cannot manage the Idoc of this BS.

Edited by: Mickael Huchet on Nov 18, 2011 12:59 PM

Answers (0)