Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Buy back Process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

My client requirement is as such that:

We want to create a sales order where we are selling a new material for Rs0 1,90,000 and buying back old materail for Rs. 80,000.

We want to show this two entries in Invoice and final Value as Rs. 1,10,000.

How this can be configure in SAP.

Regards,

Surendra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surender,

Yes It is possible to configure. Please follow these steps:

Like you maintained a Pricing condition for your new material, just maintain a u201CDiscountu201D type condition with name as u201CBuy Back-Value/Discountu201D then put it in your Pricing procedure, like any other discount.

Maintain a G/L for the same,

If the Buyback value is variable then do not maintain condition records, but make a manual entry while order processing. After the billing pls check your accounting entries.

Please try this it should work out.

Regards

DSR

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello DSR,

Can you elaborate us, how are you going to handle inventory involved in this process???

Anyways.

If inventory is to be considered. I feel there should be 2 process. 1. First- Customer as vendor for return of goods with old invoice to be reference for Invoice Receipt (PROCESS - PO - GR - IR) Take print for the same one for customer and other for self. 2. Then Customers as customer for normal sales with reference of PO for return (SO - GI - I/V) Take print for the same one for customer and other for self. 3. Finally, balancing of the transaction amount in FI. You can even refer following SDN thread for MM way of handling this process - So, I can't visualise this process happenning in one go. Yes, if you compromise on inventory position, then you can have them configured in Invoice output. Regards JP

Edited by: J Prakash on Nov 18, 2011 3:56 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JP,

You are absolutely right w.r.t Inventroy Management, but for the SD relevence If It need to be integrated with MM as well.& also as the customer becomes the Vendor then the corresponding Purchase process in MM need to be configured and accounting entries shold be checked.

If they have no complexity in the business process as per the thread, then simple Sales order process would do.

I experienced this scenario in Battery Industry, where the Buy back product may be treated as a scrap or even as a raw material.

for the production. Insuch case you even have to Integrate not only with MM but also with PP Moodules, which is complex.

Reagrds

DSR

Edited by: D.Srinivasa Rao on Nov 18, 2011 11:49 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

Thanks to all for their valuable inputs.

Is it possible to create single process for both actvivities(New Mateial sales and Old Material Receipt)

Can we develop user exits to do so.

Regards,

Surendra