Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to restore a deleted file?

tom_saga
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I have seen a lot here about how to find checked in original files in KPRO (Content Server) and using LOIO_ID and PHIO_ID.

We need to know if it is possible to restore a file from content server if we have deleted it from the DIR.

I can see that the LOIO_ID is still in the change documents for the DIR after deletion, while the PHIO_ID is not in the change documents any more.

As I understand it, the files are not deleted from our content server when we delete the file from the DIR. But of course the connection is lost.

But as I can see we still have the LOIO_ID.

Any way of finding the link from the LOIO_ID to the physical file in the content server?

So that we can restore it back to the DIR it was deleted by mistake.

Best regards

Tom Saga

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tom_saga
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

OK.

But we I delete the file from the DIR, I only have the LOIO_ID in the change log. And when I try to find the PHIO_ID in DMS_PH_CD1 based on LOIO_ID, I get noe values.

So is there another way to find PHIO_ID when file is deleted from DIR?

Best regards

Tom

amit_maheshwari2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

When you delete the original linked to DIR. The corresponding PHIO id also gets deleted along with the file in content server.

Unfortunately, once the file is deleted from the original there is no way to retrieve the file.

It will be good practice to restrict the users from originals deletion.

Cheers

A|mit

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

tom_saga
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

When I delete file from DIR, all content versions are gone!

Reset check-in/checked will not work, sice there are no file in the DIR.

We use IBM Common Store as Content Version. And I have been told that nothing is deleted from that server. It is only the link from SAP (KPRO) to Common Store that is lost.

So my question is will LOIO_ID and/or PHIO_ID be that link. or can I find the physical link adress to Content Server file via LOIO_ID?

Best regards

Tom

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

So my question is will LOIO_ID and/or PHIO_ID be that link. or can I find the physical link adress to Content Server file via LOIO_ID?

SAP Object is linked to LOIO id and original documents are linked to PHIO id. And there is relationship between LOIO and PHIO ids for each method of document upload

Based on PHIO id, the originals can be retrieved from database table or content server wherever applicable. The originals in database table are available in binary format

For example:

========

PHIO Class: DMS_PCD1

LOIO Class: DMS_LCD1

Default Content Category: DMS_C1_ST

SAP Database Content Table: DMS_CONT1_CD1

PHIO and LOIO Relationship table: DMS_PH_CD1

SAP Object and LOIO Relationship Table: DMS_DOC2LOIO

Follow the process as below to fetch the originals

1) Fetch LOIO id for the document using table DMS_DOC2LOIO.

2) Fetch the PHIO id from the table DMS_PH_CD1 corresponding to LOIO id.

3) Get the original from the content server or SAP database table based on PHIO id.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Deepak Kori

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you deleted the original out of the originals area of the DIR, no you cannot recover unless you do a back up and restore of SAP and/or the content server.

The only other thing I can think of is if you had a content version of the file you could restore that, but it doesn't sound like that would be an option in your case. For this option you can refer to below link for more details

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/EN/6e/c7fc3be1c0006be10000000a11402f/content.htm

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori