cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple tables in PDF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have to create a non interactive pdf form that has some data coming from the data base using EJBs. There i have a table followed by another table. I placed all these contents in a single body page. The problem that i face is : if the number of records in the first table increases the limit(which is the space alloted to it till the next element that comes on the page), the remaining content gets overwritten by the next element placed on the page. How can i dynamically shift the other contents on the page based on the number of records to be displayed

Need urgent help.

thanks in advance

Apeksha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Apeksha,

Well, Why dont you go by Master Pages concept?

Please place your Table in Master Page and create Body pages from those Master Pages.

Please try referring the Master Page Concept from ADLC help itself.

Regards,

<i><b>Raja Sekhar</b></i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Thanks for the reply. Could you please elaborate on using Master Pages. Since, am new to Adobe Forms, i was not able to understand the usage of it.

Thanks

Apeksha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Apeksha,

Well,In case,if our data extends more than 1 page, like in your case, you have a Table, but when the number of rows exceed the page size, then overwriting problem comes. In order to encounter such problems, we usually create Master Pages.

Goto Hierarchy Window and create the Master Pages. By default a Master Page-Page1 is already created. You can place your Table inside this Master Page. Also place the generic contents(that spans over all pages commanly) in the Master Page itself.

Now create your BODY PAGE, by default a Body Page-Page1 is already created. You can link this Body Page to the Master Page by...Goto Object tab of Body Page - Subform - Place - On Page - Master Page Name(select). this will automatically bring the contents of Master Page to this Body Page.

I hope this should help you out.

Please find more information about MASTER PAGE and BODY PAGE by referring to Adobe Help.

Regards,

<i><b>Raja Sekhar</b></i>

<i>Please reward us if it is helpful.</i>

Message was edited by: Raja Sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If i got ur case rite.. you need to display two tables which comes one after the other and these have to flow to pages depending upon the number of records in the respective tables with out over writing.

Solution for this is .. put the subforms wrapping the tables and also the body page subform to "Flowed Content" (top to bottom). provided u have kept the tables in the body page.

hope this will do.

Do appreciate, if it suffice your answer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi antooze,

We have done the same thing . we have created subform that wrapps table. but we already have some other contents to be displayed on the page that fitting both the tables in the same page seems to be very difficult. We created another subform in the next page which wrapped the second table.

The records from the first table(and first page) if exceed the page size, the remaining ones are cut off and content following the table are also cut off.

We also tried creating the table in master page, but found that master page does not allow flow content for table.

Could you please help us on this

thanks and regards

Apeksha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

We tried creating table in master page, but found out that master page does not allow flow content for table. As a result, we were not able to get this within the subforms

Thanks and Regards,

Apeksha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Apeksha,

For table display you have to use only body page.

If the table always contains one page data , then you can prefer for master page.

pavan meda

Message was edited by: pavan meda

Masterpage works like consatnat window in SAP script and body page like main window.Master page you can use for the header and footers ( which is constant info for every page ).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hia,

You really should avoid using the Master page for any data, this should be seen as static layout only. As during client side use it is very hard to script against a specific instance of a master page.

I would suggest using a dynamic form, and set the main body page to flow content and then place in your specific subforms as position content.

If you have more than one row and the data source then you can set the subform to bind to the row with [*] at the end.

Hope this helps

M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am doing as you said. Could you please focus on what you meant by 'bind to the row with [*] at the end.'.

I am redefining the problem :

1. In the body page, i have some static contents, followed by a table say table1, followed by some content and then a second table table2.

2. I have each of these things wrapped in subform, they all have position content, and the main subform enclosing all these with flow content.

3. Since these all subforms could not fit in one body page, i added the subform enclosing table2 in the next page.

4. It happens that, if the number of records of table1 exceeds the page size, they get cut off and continuing with the table2 in the second page.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply.

here are some general rules..

1.Wrap the static contents in position sub form and the dynamic ones (like tables) inthe flow content sub form.

2. Put the static objects which you need to display in all pages in the master page.

3. if there is any flow content sub form with in a subform, put the outer sub form also in the flow content, unless you are sure that the inner flow content sub form will not ve data that will exceed the height or width of the outer sub form.

4. check 'Allow page breaks' in flow content sub forms.

these are the general rules... it may vary for certain specific specifications