cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM 7 roles and authorization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We are currently in build phase of SRM 7.0 classic scenario.

Just wanted to ask what are the roles/authorizations required or needed in SRM system SAP GUID and SRM portal for:

1. Employee

2. Approver

3. Purchaser

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. We actually assigned the roles but encountered error in SRM portal

Exception type:com:sap:netweaver.bc.uwl.connect.ConnectoException Message Nov 21

19:10:08 GMT+8 2011

(Connector) : com:sap.connectivity.destinations.PortalDestinationsServoceException:User

is missing credentials for connectin to alias SAP_SRM. Contact you system administrator

The shopping cart created was created but unable to be viewed by the approve due to the above error.

Please advice.

Thanks.

ricardo_cavedini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

This seems to be related to system definition of the system alias SAP_SRM.

In the connector part, check if you have specified the backend URL.

Regards,

Ricardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jo,

I also got that error, after a lot of searching I found that it's related to the Portal SSO. But somehow our basis team still working on this issue.

This error comes at random time and user, but will disappear later without any fixing. So I suggest you to contact your basis team about this error.

Regarding role and authorization maintenance at SRM, actually I have a little bit problem with designing it.

So, with the simple case:

- I have only Manager role and I can see the work item is ready to be approved

- Once I open the work item (approve shopping cart), it said my attributes are not consistent. It relates with PPOMA_BBP but I have no idea which one is, even I have executed BBP_BP_OM_INTEGRATE

- Then I added employee role, it works great. But you will have Employee Self-Services menu at portal.

So how to design the role exactly? Is it MANAGER + EMPLOYEE?

Regards,

Ted

former_member272779
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have the same issue is there any solution you know ?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer the excel sheet in note 1261825. This will resolve all your queries.

Regards,

Nikhil