Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to take the structure : Reg

former_member593220
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am working on a Migration project. Previously we used JDBC to Proxy Scenarios for Outbound inteface and for Inbound we used Proxy to SAP R/3 scenarios i.e.

JDBC Adapter Proxy

DB -

>PI -

> SAP R/3. -

> OUTBOUND Scenario

Proxy JDBC Adapter

R/3 -

>PI -

>DB -

> INBOUND Scenario.

Now as per the client requirement the landscape is like this

File Adapter Proxy

DB->FTP Path--

>PI -

> SAP R/3 ---> OUTBOUND Scenario.

Proxy File Adapter

SAP R/3 -

>PI----

>FTP Path -

>DB -

> Inbound Scenario.

Now we are developing new interfaces by coping the old fields.As you know that JDBC is having it's own structure,in previous SAP to DB scenarios all the target structures were taken as JDBC structure.

But now in Present landscape we are using Proxy to File scenarios in Place of Proxy to JDBC.

Now my doubt is whether I have to copy the old JDBC structure(Data Type) or I have to take file structure.

Could anybody Please suggest me on this..

Thanks in Advance...Awaiting for your presious answers..

Thanks & Regards

Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

1)Its depends on new requirement whether the Target (File) Strucure is same as old DB strucre. Otherwise you have to change the data types as mentioned in FS.

2) Another most important thing is check the existing defined structure , whether it is defined as SQL structre in Data type or not. If the existing data type defined as " sql query " then you have to create new data types in normal way.

3) For Receiver FTP you have to use the File Content Conversion for flat FTP tile.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

that should be written your specification !

because in fact that depends if your new file has the same structure of your old returned JDBC: same fields, in the same order.

If there is difference, you can copy the old Data Type and update it, to avoid to rewrite it completely.

Another point: Does your interface is operational in Prod ?

if yes, you should estimate the time for development, test, send to Go Live, compare to the fact you could have a maintenance or correction to do on the current interface. Depending on project answer, you have (or not) to create a new version of your interface: one version to be able to do urgent correction, and another version to do your new development.

Decision should be taken by project manager, as it's a risk estimation.

regards.

Mickael