cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Key Mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear MDM Experts

Could you please help me to understang concept of Key Mapping in repository Vendors. I enabled key mapping. If I will get a new record from ERP system for example ERP_1 it will have a remote key. What happen it in the furure we will connect ERP_2 is that record automatically have key mapping for ERP_2 and previous from ERP_1 ?

Thank you for replay ?

BR

Rafal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Taken from MDM Console Guide pg 336

"A remote systemu2019s objects are mapped to master data objects within MDM using key mapping. A key mapping maintains the relationship between the remote systemu2019s identifier (or key) for an object and the corresponding master data object in MDM."

In case if you connect another system, you will get two remote keys for the same records.

regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek

Thank you for replay. So I just need to have one import map for ERP_1 to have remote key for that system. When I will have another system ERP_2 then I will make a new Import map in Import Manager for ERP_2. In that case I will have two remote key for one record in MDM (assume that same record exist in both systems ERP_1 and ERP_2 ). Is that correct ?

Thank you in advance for replay.

BR

Rafal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

yes, a new map will be required as maps a based on remote system, with appropriate import action.

when you open the import manager you have to select the remote system.

regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thank you. Now I understand it.

BR

Rafal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Glad to be of service

regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please Correct me if i am wrong abhishek

In this case it is advisable to have the record matching based on the remote key AND a combination of fields whilch will uniquely identify the records.

So that even if remote key is different (for different remote systems ), the record will still show a match and will be skipped and so duplictation can be avoided.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Trueblue

Thank you for the good idea

BR

Rafal

Former Member
0 Kudos

My Pleasure

Here to help and learn.

Regards.