cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Provisioning from HCM Staging Area to SAP Master question from a newbie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have built a sandbox idM 7.2 PL3 (MS-SQL 2008/Windows 2003).

I've had a few stumbles on the way and my latest issue is that I have extracted the HCM data from our ERP (EHP5) HCM instance via LDAP to the VDS. The transfer completes successfully and the statistics on the HCM_Staging_Area indicate that the records have been added to this Identity Store.

The event handling on the Entity Type, MX_HCM_EMPLOYEE, has the task +189/Write HCM Employee To SAP Master_ configured. This Job (and it's tasks) is enabled. I can see the records (cn = "<SID666SAP 0000001>") with an objectclass of MX_HCM_EMPLOYEE.

Hiowever, nothing is logged in the System Log or Job Log to indicate that this task has been executed by the load. The SAP_Master is not updated.

I'm using the idM for SAP Landscape Configuration Guide (October 2011) for this installation.

Am I missing something? Is there a log file or trace that I can look at to try and figure out what is going on.

Thanks

Doug

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Doug,

so that means the job itself will not be triggered, the entries arriving in the HR store, the provision queue increases and so on.

could you check if everything is enabled belonging to the job "write to SAP master", sometime it happens that the pass seems to be enabled from the view of the icon but the tick "pass enabled" is not set. You can check it with the right mouse button on the pass.

cheers, Bernd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Doug,

is it sure that the entries coming to HR Store? can you check the entries with an DB management tool or on SQL level, the entries have to arrive in the HR store to trigger the job "write to master" make sure that the correct IDS ID is set in the job.

cheers, Bernd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

This is my first attempt at setting up the idM so I've added what I've checked to answer your questions. I would be glad to hear of any additional checks I could perform.

Achim:

- Dispatcher is started: Yes, Windows Service is running (started).

- Dispatcher is configured to run standard and provisioning jobs: Yes, all jobs in Job tab of dispatcher are selected

- are there any entries within the provisioning queue: I believe so, On the statistics tab of the HCM_staging_area Identity store there are 513 entries provisioning queue size

- Jobs and Tasks are enabled, assigned to a dispatcher and configured to run as provisioning jobs: * Yes, the tasks are enabled and the schedule rule is set to provisioning for both tasks*

Bernd:

The exported entries are reaching the Identity Store. I can query the data and the statistics indicate this as well. The provisioning queue size increases as well. I have set the SAP_MASTER_IDS_ID to the appropriate id for SAP_Master (4) and HR_STAGING_AREA_IDS_ID to HCM_Staging_Area Identity Store (5).

Thankis again.

Doug

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Doug,

IMO the problem is a task, that isn't enabled.

I'm not sure about the right name of the table or view for the provisioining queue within IDM 7.2. In 7.1 the name of the table was "mxp_provision" and the view "mxpv_provision".

Please have a look at the view, may be you can locate the task that isn't running.

The status of this task could be something like "waiting" or "ready to run".

If you are not sure about the entry/task, please provide some lines of the provisioning queue table.

Kind regards,

Achim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Doug,

you can easily increase the Log-Level in the dispatcher .prop file to 7 (debug) to see all action done by the dispatcher in the log-file.

cheers, Bernd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bernd

I've increased the log level of the dispatcher and restarted the service.

When I re-ran the extract from the HCM instance, the audit.trc from the VDS indicates that the entries are being added but I get no trace being generated by the dispatcher or any of it's jobs.

Regards

Doug

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Doug,

just a few questions:

- Dispatcher is started?

- Dispatcher is configured to run standard and provisioning jobs?

- are there any entries within the provisioning queue?

- Jobs and Tasks are enabled, assigned to a dispatcher and configured to run as provisioning jobs?

kind regards,

Achim