cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing output email is not generating

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I setup complete configuration and development for emailing invoice to sold-to's invoice recipient partner function called ZI.

I created invoice recipients and assigned them to sold-tos

I created output condition record for one of the accesses: Sales Org/DC/Doc Type/ Invoice Recipient.

When I created billing documents, the output (medium 5) shows successful and the same I double confirmed in NSAT table status (1).

However, I don't see an email in the SAPConnect. I checked with our basis team and they confirmed that the scripts/forms are set to PDF.

I appreciate any input/suggestions.

Thanks

Ramesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

madhu_vadlamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Welcome to SCN.

I checked with our basis team and they confirmed that the scripts/forms are set to PDF

Going in a pdf format is not an issue.Check these things

1) Check the mail id maintained 2) Check in sost whether that mail is there or not.If these are exist then ask your basis team to check the settings in scot.

Regards,

Madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Madhu. See my follow ups to your both points below.

1) Check the mail id maintained:

- The from email address maintained in the system is my email address.

- I maintained the customer test email ID in invoice recipient (ZI partner) mater record. I can see the output record is found and processed successfully.

- I can also see the successful message status in NAST table. This is in our development system (DEV). However, previously when I tested with out the ZI partner function (i.e. email ID maintained on sold-to/bill-to record), I worked in the DEV system.

- when I tried in our test system (QAS), the messages are showing up in SAPConnect (SOST) and as soon as I release them, system sends email with PDF invoice attachment successfully. The from email address is my system maintained address.

- I again asked our Basis team to compare the SAPConnect settings

2) Check in sost whether that mail is there or not.If these are exist then ask your basis team to check the settings in scot.

I don't seethe invoice emails in SOST/SCOT. I had Basis already checked.

Are there any settings/configuration you would suggest that I check?

Thanks again.

Ramesh

madhu_vadlamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Can you ask how much time they kept after release from sap.I faced the issue before then they adjusted the time.

Regards,

Madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In many of the orgnaisations, the mails in SOST will be deleted after some interval. Please issue the output again and check immediately whether the e-mail is appearing in SOST or not. If not, get the help of an ABAP expert and debug the program.

Regards,

SAM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again Madhu.

Just to follow up your question, "Can you ask how much time they kept after release from sap", did you mean the time maintained from release of billing V3 to SAPConnect or to release the email from SAPConnect?

I checked again with Basis and they confirmed that DEV and QAS systems' settings are identical.

Like I said before, the email invoice with BP partner worked in 2 clients in DEV and one client QAS a month ago.

Last week , I configured and developed the solution with Invoice Recipient (partner ZI) and tested in DEV300 and DEV200 and the output is successful, could see NAST entry with sttsu 1 but not in SAPConnect.

To confirm, I tested the BP partner solution in DEV and the output is successful, could see the message in NAST with status 1 but not in SAPConnect.

This makes me suspicious on SAPConnect settings and could only rely on my Basis team but they are confirming the settings are identical.

If you have any suggestions on SAPConnect settings, please let me know I would look into myself.

Meanwhile, I would try to work on debug mode (the one working and the one not working) to see if there are any issues with output itself.

I guess I need to submit OSS Note.

Thanks again

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

I tested it confirmed that they are not showing up in SOST. By the way the environments are DEV and QAS and the SOST settings are such that once email messages are SOST, they would have to be released manually.

Yes, I am going to work with a developer in debug mode (the one working and the one not working) to see if there are any issues with output itself.

Thanks

Ramesh

madhu_vadlamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Ramesh,

Before raising oss note please check whether mail is going or not.Ask your abap team to write a small program to send data to mail.If that is not going then you can raise oss note.

Regards,

Madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

I had another user (developer) create generate the billing output to make sure there are no issues with my email address in the SAP system (from email). I still don't see messages in SAPConnect.

Also, the same user (developer) was testing some email functionality in Finance area and his email messages were going into SAPConnect.

So, this makes more wondering and at this stage, debug option may be worth taking up before sending OSS notes.

Thanks

Ramesh

madhu_vadlamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Ramesh,

That is right.Are you using standard driver program or customized one.

Regards,

Madhu.

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Alghough some points are OK, see SAP Note 454893 - CHECKLISTSD: Sales document output as an e-mail, perhaps you forgot some step.

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

To All,

With the help a senior developer I found out the problem.

There was an enhancement (Z_SET_OTF_FLAG) in the program (RLB_PRINT_FORMS), that was causing this issue.

It seems my developer started this and did not tell me or not realized it was causing an this email issue.

The code has been commented out for now, the email messages are beautifully flowing into SOST.

We have a phase 2 implementation of this email solution and that is to be a able to send multiple invoices via one email or one fax transmission (based on their nightly billing due list batch job).

Client does not want invoice list functionality. So, our approach is to build a custom program and that could be the reason my programmer had started the above enhancement.

In any case, do you guys know any other ways (without custom development) like a combination of configuration, data setup, basis setup, and may be some small development effort to enable sending an multiple invoices through email or fax?

Thanks again for your input.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Are you running the report RSCONN01 in a periodic job with the proper variant?

Regards

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eduardo,

I am testing the email solution in DEV and QAS environments by manaully excecuting billing docs (VF01) and triggering the output automatically. For DEV and QAS, per the SOST settings, the email messages in SOST have to be released manually.

Yes, I am going to work with a developer in debug mode (the one working and the one not working) to see if there are any issues with output itself.

Thanks

Ramesh