cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EP 7.3 Browser Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm wondering if anyone else using EP 7.3 has run into the following issue: I am attempting to access EP from a university lab. All of the machines are a standard configuration featuring Internet Explorer 8 running under Windows 7 Enterprise Edition. I am finding that, despite pop-up blocking being turned on, none of the operations where EP attempts to spawn another window will work correctly. (The new window is not opened.)

Other web applications do not have problems spawning new windows. The browsers have been tested both in and out of compatibility mode. There is no security or other software running (to the best of my ability to discern) that would be causing this behavior.

My testing on other machines running IE 8 shows everything working fine. There's just something about the very large set of machines that I need to use in my labs that is misbehaving. I'd value any suggestions, ideas, or other feedback anyone can think to offer.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tony,

Since the problem is related to users accessing from a certain workplace and you've already tried a lot of options already, all I can think of is a web buggging tool like HTTP Watch, Fiddler, etc

Once installed on any of the machines, you can trace ur application web requests and get an idea of where and why the pop-up is being blocked and why new webpages are not spwaned.

You may also try using another web browser, just to ensure that this not limited only to IE.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Varun