cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert Webdynpro Java WebService

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a Webdynpro Java Application deployed on the Portal Server. I want to convert this Application to a WebService and call it from a BSP Application . How can I achieve the same ?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

web dynpro is UI, i don't think it can be converted to WS.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

anand_govardhan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

As stated above its not possible. However if you want to call web dynpro application from your BSP application its possible.

If you want to do so, refer this [thread|;

Regards,

Anand G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. But I am trying to Call a Webdynpro Java Application from BSP and the thread you mentioned is for Webdynpro ABAP .

How can we do the same?

Edited by: PortalPerson on Nov 18, 2011 2:50 PM

anand_govardhan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this [thread|] in order to call web dynpro for java application from BSP.

Regards,

Anand G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.

If I call the Webdynpro Java Application with the URL, it will show as a Window to the user . What I want , is to call the Webdynpro Java Code from the BSP in the Background and never display anything to the user for it ( So that he does not even come to know that the Java Code was executed).

anand_govardhan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Could you please Explain your requirement

Why you want to call WDJ application? What it does actually?

Regards,

Anand G

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Webdynpro Java Application uses Guided Procedures APIs to delete/remove certain Workitems from the user's Inbox/UWL, which works fine,

Just I need a way to call it in the Background without notifying the user, the BSP Application is already running and being used as part of the Guided Procedures Process, that's why want to call Webdynpro Java from there.

Please help.

anand_govardhan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I don't think this can be achieved. However, Its mentioned about suspend-resume functionality of WDJ application in this [Thread|;. You can search on SDN or google about it and try to do it.

Else you can create a Web service which does the functionality of the WDJ application.

Regards,

Anand G

Former Member
0 Kudos

With Suspend - Resume functionality also, I would need to create a button , display to the User etc. , which again I don';t want to do.

So how can I create a Webservice (put Webdynpro Java code in it ) and then call it?

Please reply.

Edited by: PortalPerson on Nov 18, 2011 7:32 PM

anand_govardhan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Check these threads: [Thread1|; , [Thread 2|/thread/2035264 [original link is broken]; , [Thread 3|/thread/425638 [original link is broken]; . It might give you some idea about creating web service with UWL API's.

Regards,

Anand G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As John rightly pointed out, you cant convert a webdynpro java app to webservice. as wd java is meant for UI developing. But you can convert a RFC to webservice and can use it in your application.

Kindly refer this link for more information:

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

JIthin