cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error with upgrade from .Net Connector 2 to .Net Connector 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Some years ago, I developped a MS Service that connects to SAP to retrieve employee data from the different HR infotypes.

Service uses a custom SAP method that enable retrieving data dynamically. This method works perfectly everywhere.

My latest service was using the SAP .Net connector 2 and I have performed the changes to use the SAP .Net Connector 3.

Everything works fine on our SAP DEV and TEST systems but now going to QA, I receive the following error when calling the method.

===================================================================================

Element DATESPECIFICATIONSDATA of container metadata METHODNAME unknown

===================================================================================

Does someone have information on this issue or ideas where to search.

This is a blocking issue for the whole upgrade process.

To resume: everything works fine with .Net Connector 2, but not anymore with .Net connector 3 but for a specific system as previous system in the chain did not encounter the problem (DEV/TEST)

Thanks in advance for all

Denis

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closing this thread ... finally found the error on my side

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi deniwi, you can detail how fixed the problem, because I have the same problem.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The problem on my side was that I am calling different RFC methods in my code. One of these methods is only used rarely and I forgot to test this one uring my development (configuration).

I noticed that for this specific method I was using the IRfcFunction object of my main method.

Doing this when I call for oIRfcFunction.GetTable("DATESPECIFICATIONDATA"), SAP gave me the error explain in the thread here. Which is logical as my main method does not contain table "DATESPECIFICATIONDATA".

Changing the oIRfcFunction to the valid method object solved the problem directly.

I hope this may help you. But as you can see it was a coding bug on my side.

Regards