cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with event handling in FPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an FPM app where I want to show a popup upon leaving the initial screen. In the method PROCESS_EVENT of the componentcontroller, I perform some tests, then issue a DEFER if certain conditions are met (if the popup should be shown). I have also created an event for which there is an event handler back in the view (UIBB) which is shown on the initial screen.

So far, so good. Debugging shows that when clicking the initial screen's "start" button, the PROCESS_EVENT method of the component controller sets the EV_RESULT to "DEFER". Before doing so, it also triggers my custom event, which is duly added to the event table.

However, my event handler back in the calling view is never reached/triggered. It is created in an enhancement, but this should really not be an issue? Has anybody else worked with deferring FPM event handling to display pop-up (dialog) boxes?

Regards,

Trond

Update 22/11/11: The logic works - not sure why, to be honest. Back from weekend break, and first thing I notice is that events are now being picked up properly by the view where they have been registered.

I have noticed some other posts here indicating similar issues, so it would be good to hear if anybody else have experienced identically strange issues.

Regards,

Trond

Edited by: Trond Stroemme on Nov 21, 2011 3:02 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Trond,

Can you help me please with the same problem, but in GUIBBs?

Thanks!