Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for specific permission - PI 7.11 EHP1 Java Stack

robert_warde4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm just a humble developer but I'm looking for some guidace.

I have worked with my Basis and Security teams to commision a new SAP PI 7.11 landscape. I have one issue with regards tio security. I want to allow developers to be able to unlock objects that are locked in the developer tools. Access to this function is via the administration function and so iwant them to have this permission and no others. I have found several roles that give them limited access to the Administration function but won't allow them to remove locks. As this is on the java stack I'm assuming there must be an action associated with the requirement although I'm not sure.

How do I find the action I need. Is there any way to debug what I'm doing with my account and see the actions/roles or groups that are referenced. Then I can issolate the particular permission I need.

Menu Path

From the developer home page http://server.port/dir/start/index.jsp select Administration the click on lock overview. Select the locked object and click on Remove Selected Lock.

Many thanks for your time.

1 REPLY 1

robert_warde4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Has anyone any knowledge of this issue?