cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing - Output not determining automatically

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have configured one Billing Output with medium "External send", All the required configurations including the communication strategy are maintained accurately.

- Access sequence of the condition type contains only one table

- Condition record is maintained in VV31 for the key combination.

- In the output procedure the condition type is not maintained as "Manual"

- No requirement maintained for the condition type in output.

Issue:-

"System not determining the output type automatically in to billing document upon saving the invoice." But manual entry of output type in the billing document is accepting.

Need inputs / suggestions to resolve this issue to make the output determination automatic in Billing document.

Thanks in advance for all your inputs.

Best Regards,

Poorna Nanda

Edited by: Nanda504 on Nov 17, 2011 10:57 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member

1. Check output determination directly in the respective invoice VF03. Goto->Header->Output and againg Goto-> Determination analysis. Compare this with the entry you have made for your output type in the condition record VV32. Both have to match completely

2. NACE -> Application V3 -> Select O/P type and Display

Check if "Access to conditions" is tick marked. Also in the output condition record check if partner function / partner are properly maintained.

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor

Hi,

At the time of maintaining the condition record for output under dispatch time column mentioned "4" and after that select the line item and click on the communication icon and maintain the O/P device and click on the print on immmediately field TICK mark

Try once

Regards,

Prasanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanna,

Thanks for your quick replay, And it is working fine (condition type is determined in to billing doc automatically) if we maintain the Output devise details in communication.

But, I hope the output devise in communication is only for "Print" medium (please correct me if I am wrong). But here I am sending the output through the "External send" medium.

So, As you mentioned, Is it mandatory that we have to maintain the communication details like "Output Devise" and Print immediately for the output medium "External Send" as well, to get the output type in to the corresponding document?

Best Regards,

Nanda

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

if you want print out immediately at the time of saving the document it is required to do the settings

and it is full based on the client requirement how client wants

Regards,

Prasanna

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For 5-External Send, in communication method you have to only maintain Comm.strategy, say, WEBM-Send external mail.

Nothing more to be maintain.

Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JP / Prasanna,

Even i do have a same issue .Output not determining automatically. What would be the output device for external send and is it mandatory to maintain. Please help me out.

Early reply would be appreciated .

Thanks and Regards,

Padma

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

At the time of maintaining the condition record for output under dispatch time column mentioned "4" and after that select the line item and click on the communication icon and maintain the O/P device and click on the print on immmediately field TICK mark

Try once

Regards,

Prasanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanna,

Is it mandatory to maintain O/P device for medium external send?.If i am not wrong, in case of print you can give o/p device and we can check print immediately.

What would be o/p device for external send? Please suggest me.

I could see the out put type is displaying two line items with same output type. pls help me to fix.

Thanks and Regards,

Padma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First check whether Ouput condition records exists or not. is it there.

Check it is picking or not in order.

2) Check the output programe.....(Sometime, few fields are manditory to take output. if you skip to maintain that ,system will not propose the output).

I hope only these 2 check point can help you.

Printer you can use===LP01

Regadrs

Raj.

Edited by: venky raj on Nov 18, 2011 7:22 AM

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I already mentioned in my previous post that for medium - 5 Extenal print is Comm.strategy, say, CS01-Internet/Letter or WEBM-Send external mail. Apart from that if you want physical print then maintain Logical destination for printer. Also set up the partner function for medium with the correct partner function which will have the email address.

You can refer following SDN thread for your reference/understanding:

-

Regards

JP