Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSO between no SAP to SAP, please urgent

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

please we have a question for starting a project immediately.

we have an intranet where the user is logged ( the intranet recover this user from a LDAP) and we want this user go to the SAP EP using SSO, through a link to go to the SAP EP home (SAP EP retrieve user from the same LDAP)

I know the SSO is possible:

- between SAP and SAP

- between SAP and non SAP

- but between non-SAP and SAP, is it possible?, there is documentation?

thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes it's possible.

You need create a custom Login Module to read the credentials generated by the source system. To do this, you will need documentation about how the source system generates the credentials, typically a cookie that will have to read from the LoginModule, get the user from the cookie, and validate the user in SAP Portal.

You also have the Kerberos module, but this only will work if the user is validated in a windows domain.

Otherwise, you need to develop as the login module.

4 REPLIES 4

0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes it's possible.

You need create a custom Login Module to read the credentials generated by the source system. To do this, you will need documentation about how the source system generates the credentials, typically a cookie that will have to read from the LoginModule, get the user from the cookie, and validate the user in SAP Portal.

You also have the Kerberos module, but this only will work if the user is validated in a windows domain.

Otherwise, you need to develop as the login module.

0 Kudos

thank you very much mar,

for us it is good to know that it is possible.

now I hope someone can send me documentation on how to do it, we do not really know where to start.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/de/46/3ce9402f3f8031e10000000a1550b0/content.htm]

You need extend com.sap.engine.interfaces.security.auth.AbstractLoginModule:

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/de/46/3ce9402f3f8031e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm]

I hope this helps you!

Former Member