cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax line items when travel expenses are posted to intercompany

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are posting a expense report to a different cost center other than the Master cost center(IT0001). In this case system understanding as intercompany transaction and posting the travel expenses to different cost center and different company code. But the problem is when there is a tax calcualted, this tax is initially getting posted to original master cost center and again transfering the taxes to the intercompany cost center. this is creating an additional FI documents and also additional tax line items which is becoming very difficult for reconcilation.

can any one suggest me where could be the correction required in order to post the taxes to intercompany cost center in the first instance itself.

Thanks&Regards

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

shanid_mp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We had the same issue and we found the problem is in t.code OBCN that "Not deductible" was activated for VST.

If you deactivate this it will work correctly.

Regards

SM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SM,

Thanks very much for your reply.

I have checked the Process VST, there I found posting indicator '2' - Seperate Line item. If i say no posting required will that be fine. Please suggest me with your results.

Thanks

Srinivas

shanid_mp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Profit center was not picking for tax line item when we were doing multiple cost center in a TRIP. So we have activated "not deductible" in VST and it got worked.

Later when we got a Cross company employee vendor posting, tax line items are posting in both company codes.

So we have deactivated "not deductible" in VST and activated "set expense company code" in table T706K (to allow cross company code postings in TM)

And defined a new solution in New GL config for the first prblem.

We have not changed anything in "posting indicator" in OBCN, it was 2 (Separate line item) only. You should not change this.

All postings went fine.

Regards

SM