cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

functionality field Usage type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you tell me, what is functionality field Usage type. This field is set to the solid, does not change. I has some important control function. What?

Regards, Stenwa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

franz_posch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stenwa,

in module RE-FX it is generally not possible to change the usage type.

Reason is that some relevant customizing settings depend on the usage type.

For example:

- each usage type is assigned to in internal usage type which determines the internal program logic

- measurement types can be defined per usage type

- condition groups are defined per usage type

If the usage type would be changed for a rental object this might lead to data inconsistencies because the customizing settings per new usage type might not fit to the already maintained master data. Therefore it is not supported to change the usage type for a rental object in SAP standard.

Regards, Franz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for quickly reaction.

I've a request . Can somebody provide me an example of life describing the use of this field?

Rgds, Stenwa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stenwa,

The usage type is the main classification field for the rental objects. It controls functions such, as:

1. The field stauts groups of your rental objects - which fields are available for input,etc.

2. The screens you can maintain for the rental object

3. Which area types are allowed, mandatory, etc.

4. whether the rental object can be used commercially/non-commercially or both

According to saphelp:

"You can change the usage type of the rental unit as long as no active lease-out exists for a rental unit.

You can only change the usage type of a rental unit with an active lease-out if the allocation of an internal usage type to the external usage type in Real Estate Customizing is not changed."

Hope this helps!

KR,Severina