cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DP91 error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am working on resource related billing. My requirement is to capture labour, material cost and travel expenses. I could able to get these costs into billing request successfully as different line items. I have struck with some additional requirement. Our client has different services in the labour it self (labour types ex: Manager, leader) and have different rates for each type. I have suggested going with creation of different activity types for each type of labour service. I maintained cost element and activity type are the characteristics for material determination in ODP1 and successfully got those labour services into different line items in billing request. The reason why am going with different line items is because they some time bill the customer on some listed price instead of actual cost, if I get them as different material, then through condition types I can get the listed price for that one alone.

Due to some business reasons, they are not accepting activity types as one of the characteristic for material determination. Then I tried to go with personal number as one of the characteristic along with cost element. Though I maintained both cost element and personal numbers in the criteria for each material, I am getting error message u201CCharacter combinations w/o material assignment in DIP profileu201D while executing DP 91.

Any one has come across this situation and pls let me know how to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Laxminarsimha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member388328
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Laxmi,

I am unable to understand your issue. what i can infer is that you want personal number and its cost element to be basis for the cost at time of billing. correct me if i am wrong. or please put in a example.

Thanking you

Vengaiah Chowdary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My requirement is to capture the following cost/expenses

1) Travel expenses

2) Material

3) Labour

I could have gone with cost element itself to capture the above expenses. However, in labour itself has different types of services like manager, director, Quality incharge etc.. For this reason, I am going with cost element and personal number combination for material determination. Initially I got an error message while running DP91. Now I have resolved that. The error was due to selection of 'Pesonal number' also for structuring.

Regards,

laxminarsimha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

The heart of RRB is Proper DIP profile, please also ref: a link w.r.t DIP profile.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_45b/helpdata/en/41/f5617bfea411d1953200a0c93029cf/content.htm

In characteristics, flag Material determination for cost element.

Assign the cost element set for all the output materials and check.

Regards,

Rambabu.