cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0 stock available even the location is allow for neg stk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have allowed negative stock for a location "1201" by setting the below configuration:

1. Tick Negative Stock Allowed in Transaction OMJ1

- Valuation Area: 1000

- Plant: 1000

- Location 1201

2. Transaction MM02, to set the indicator "Neg Stocks in Plant" for all the relevant material (example material AAA)

This will means, in storage location 1201, even there is no stock, I still can/should be able to perform the good issue for material AAA.

But now the problem is, I'm getting the error message "On the 15.11.2011, only 0 PC available" (Message no M7181) when I trying to perform good issue for that location.

Why the system does not allow me to perform good issue even though I have allow for negative stock for that location? By logic, this error message should not applied in this case if the location is allowed for negative?

- I already allow for negative stocks in this location, why the system still stop me from perform the good issue?

Please note that we cannot turn the error message to warning message as this will apply to all locations.

If the stock is unavailable for other location (which we do not allow for megative stocks), for example due to have schedule for delivery qty (DO created for material AAA in other location), we must blocked the good issue.

Is it that there is any configurations that I have miss out?

Kindly please advise. Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While doing the configuration in OMJ1 did you maintain the allow negative stock tick also for the concerned valuation area. It is required, as the check is first performed at the valuation area and plant level.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeepang,

Yes, we have maintain the following in OMJ1:

Valuation Area: 1000

Plant Area: 1000

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you using transaction code MIGO to do the posting? And, do you have ATP check turned on? If yes to both, then alternatively, you could try using tcode MB1A instead.

MIGO transaction on standard will perform ATP check during posting, while MB1A does not.

There are two options:

1) If you are using ATP check, you can switch it off.

2) If you need ATP check, then you can change the error message to a warning message instead.

Hope the above helps.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kok,

We are using transaction code MB1B.

I need the ATP/availability check, but I did not want to turn it as warning.

If the location allowed for negative stocks, then there should not be ATP/availability check.

But if the location does not allowed for negative stocks, then there must has ATP/availability check.

Kindly please advise. Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Understand your requirement. This is however a standard checking of the system for available stock and the reason for your error is that the systems has checked that the goods movement is not possible due to zero stock available, which may indicate that some of your customizing settings may be incorrect.

You may want to review your settings in OMCP (Path: MM --> Inv. Mgmt & Physical Inv. --> GI / Transfer Posting --> Setup Dynamic Availability Check) and OMJJ (in Update control /WM Movement Type --> Dynamic Availability Check for Goods Mvmt) if it has been setup properly for a particular transaction (i.e. MB1B), movement type you are using for this movement.

In OMJ1, check for the combination of Valuation Area & Plant in Details settings that the appropriate negative special stocks settings has been maintained for the stock that is allowed to be negative.

Understood that you have done the necessary settings for Valuation Area, Plant and SLoc allowed in Customizing. Afterwards, hope you have also change the Plant data of all materials for which negative stock balances are allowed. The indicator for negative stocks is contained in the Storage Data of the Material Master record.

You may also find SAP Note 457787 helpful.

Hope the above helps.

Thanks.