cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert and Fault Message type Usage

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I struck to the use of Alert and Fault message type.

(a) Can we use Alert in scenarios without BPM ? If yes where can we use?

(b) Can we use Fault Message Type in scenarios except Proxy ? If yes, how?

Kindly suggest me .

Thanks

Anup

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Alerts can be used for any scenario. You can configure alerts for the Integration and Adapter engines.

For fault message types, apart from proxies, you can also use them for webservice/SOAP scenarios. However, in this case, the service provider should supply the fault message type to be used.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have also same doubt in Alert.

How can I use Alert in other scenarios except BPM ?

Suppose in File to File scenario how can I use Alert ?

Can anyone help me to solve this ?

Thanks

Rabi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rabi,

In order to use Alert for your File to File scenario, you need to setup Alert Configuration.

To configure alerts, you need to create the following:

1. Alert Categories in tcode ALRTCATDEF

- Here you need to define the alert message that will be sent once error occured and alert has been triggered. You would need to define here the recipients who will receive email notifications about the error message.

2. Alert Rules in Runtime Workbench

- Here you need to define which alert category you would use based on the rules you set. You can define if the error is in the Integration Engine or in Adapter Engine (for errors in File Communication channels). Also, you need to define condition for the alert by selecting the sender and receiver systems, interfaces that would be involved for the alert.

For further details, you may look the SAP documentation:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/d0/d4b54020c6792ae10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Regards,

Jenny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anup,

Please see my answer below:

(a) Can we use Alert in scenarios without BPM ? If yes where can we use?

Ans: Yes, You may use it for both asynch and synch scenario. You can create alert for adapter or mapping errors.

(b) Can we use Fault Message Type in scenarios except Proxy ? If yes, how?

Ans: No. Fault message types are designed for application-specific errors that can occur and only used for ABAP proxies and Java proxies.

Regards,

Jenny