Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charm in mulitple dev clients

S0007586158
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have one customizing client and one development client in my development system, i am planning to configure CHARM. As per my understanding in CHARM development system refers to one client and when the transports requests gets created it gets created in the corresponding development client - not in multiple clients.How can i configure charm in my case?

Regards,

cs

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

You can proceed, please refer the below blog

qus 1)1. How many development clients are possible?

Please update, issues after you starts.

Thanks,

Jansi

S0007586158
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Jansi,

Thanks for the useful link, but still having some confusion. In my case i have customized transport layers for different DEV:clients. So when it comes to Charm whether i need to create several logical components for the same project?. So when it comes for teh TR creation from CHARM it will create the respective requests[customizing & workbench] in the corresponding clients?

Regards,

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you can define several logical components with different DEV sytems. When creating the TR you will be asked which dev system you want the TR to be created in.

S0007586158
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

My question was from the same change request [charm] whether i will be able to create one TR[customizing] in client A and the other[workbench] in client B?

Regards,

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you can create several TRs from one Change Request into different DEV Systems.

Each time you want to create a TR, you will be asked for a client.

Regards

Daniel

S0007586158
Participant
0 Kudos

No,in CHARM it will not ask you for the client selection, its based on the system landscape assignment in the charm config.

Regards,

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes of course it depends on the system landscape assignment as i mentioned 2 post earlier.

But if you have done that you will be asked for a client!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you properly defined the Tranport route Charm would take care the rest, this what the saying with Dolores blog.

More, you can refer here

and for your doubt on logical component again refer Dolores blog

Quest No 2, where he given screenshot for additional logical component.

Thanks,

Jansi