cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master Data in multi-language

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on master data in multi-language scenario, where I want to upload Material related master data in two different language. We have deployed language pack too. I tried a lot but no luck and with the Enterprise/Company Quick start excels also I am not able to handle this requirement.

I have got one blog where they are talking about importing XML which you will get from ERP().

Then I raised OSS and SAP shared one .xml format with me and they asked me to try to upload that. I tried that option but getting below error during import time:-

Thu Nov 17 10:09:32 GMT+05:30 2011 Importing XML File.

Thu Nov 17 10:09:32 GMT+05:30 2011 ..Inserting XML data from file E:usrsapCE3J03esourcing-00 mp timport_6757164687238804240.xml

Thu Nov 17 10:09:33 GMT+05:30 2011 ..Record 1. Warning: An error was encountered in column DESCRIPTION which had the value null: while trying to invoke the method com.sap.odp.doc.integration.IntegratedSystemConfigBo.getOrderedLanguagePacks() of an object loaded from local variable '<5>'

Thu Nov 17 10:09:34 GMT+05:30 2011 ..Failed: object 1: There was no entry for the DESCRIPTION_MSDEFAULT field. Contact your system administrator. [STANDARD_ATTRIBUTE_ID].

Thu Nov 17 10:09:34 GMT+05:30 2011 ..Complete. 0 ok. 1 failed.

Thu Nov 17 10:09:34 GMT+05:30 2011 ..Importing XML File. 0 ok. 1 failed. File rtimport_6757164687238804240.xml

Thu Nov 17 10:09:34 GMT+05:30 2011 Error during action failed to import data, 1 error(s).

Please find below xml file definition which I am trying to import (shared by SAP):-

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<ns0:MT_Material xmlns:ns0="http://sap.com/xi/ESourcing/SRMJS/OP">

<sapesourcing>

<objects>

<object classname="masterdata.Material">

<fields>

<INACTIVE>false</INACTIVE>

<IS_REPLICATED>true</IS_REPLICATED>

<NAME>SR_MAT_TEST_1</NAME>

<DESCRIPTION>

<values>

<value language="DE">Material Desc in DE</value>

<value language="EN">Material desc in EN</value>

</values>

</DESCRIPTION>

<EXTERNAL_ID>SR_MAT_TEST_1</EXTERNAL_ID>

<BASE_UNIT>ea</BASE_UNIT>

<ORDER_UNIT>ea</ORDER_UNIT>

<INTERNAL_CAT>9000000</INTERNAL_CAT>

<EXTERNAL_NAME>SR_MAT_TEST_1</EXTERNAL_NAME>

<PRODUCT_TYPE>FERT</PRODUCT_TYPE>

<CURRENCY>USD</CURRENCY>

</fields>

<collections>

<PRODUCT_PLANT></PRODUCT_PLANT>

</collections>

</object>

</objects>

</sapesourcing>

</ns0:MT_Material>

Please share your view.

Thanks,

Deepak!!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Check in setup>integrated system configuration>"Default Language Pack Order". Check to see if EN or DE is maintained. If not maintain it in the right sequence. This will help the system determine the default value for the multi text field.

Thanks,

Baski

0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

XML approach is certainly more flexible, however it's not officially supported. SAP supports XML import only if it is produced through ERP integration. You could try Baski's suggestions and if you could get it working that's great. But please note, you could also load multiple languages through CSV import. The first step would be to use the standard material csv file to import the material. For multi language, there is a separate csv file. You could get the sample from the system. The object type is MultiString.

Regards,

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

I'm new at Sourcing but I've got the same problem as Deepak. I would like to upload materials, vendors and product categories in multiple language format. I tried .xml for product categories but without any success. I was able to upload all of the objects mentioned above in .csv format but only in the default language.

So could you explain in more detail the multi-string option and provide some instruction how I can find sample for multi-string upload for materials.

Thank you very much in advance,

Janos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Janos,

I have tried the Multi language scenario. You need to have following setup in your system, they are:-

>Install language pack

>You need to upload content using below CSV fles:-

• multistring.csv
  • Material.csv
  • Plant CSV
  • Product_Plant_Relationship_template.csv

If you can share your email id I will email you sample CSV file which you can use. Or else pl follow below steps to download CSV file from system:-

• Click Setup
  • Click System Administration tab
  • Click to Import data
  • Click to New button
  • select radio button and click next
  • Select any dummy excel file from local server while browsing for Upload Import file option and click next.
  • Select  Preview import check box adn search MultiString  from the drop down object type and click next
  • In the page you will see the template.csv link, click and save the file. This the file you are looking for.
  • Create the content and upload the file...hope this will help you!!!

There is another way of importing master data is multiple langaure. In this scenario master data source would be ECC. You need to run SAP provided standard report to export the details. This XML file you can import into sourcing system. Pl find below blog link for more detail:-

http://scn.sap.com/community/sourcing/blog/2011/09/29/extracting-erp-master-data-for-sap-sourcing

Regards,

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Thank you very much for your help I tried the multistring .csv according to your template and it did work 🙂

So now I'm able to upload multi-lingual descriptions for materials and product categories. I wanted to upload descriptions in different languages for the suppliers as well but I failed. Although I guess that no such possibilities for the vendors because I haven't experienced that the language field would be available in edit mode.

I made my e-mail address public if you intend to send me some other stuff but I think that you already attached the file to your previous post that you had wanted to send me directly.

Thanks again,

Janos