cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS Architecture design

Former Member
0 Kudos

we are migrating from an another DMS company to Opentext.. we hv bought the license thru SAP so there are some constraints on the open text support..

based on the previous project experince, we have installed the following

1) open text runtime core services and MSSQL - seperate windows env

2) SAP add-on (opentext SAP solutions) at the sap ECC side

I think the missing piece is intalling the Archiving services server..when I was analyzing , i have realized there are lot of ways to do.. but need your suggestion, please

1) Installing the Enterprise library services (or part of services such Archiving and Storage services etc) or

2) installting the Livelink ECM-Enterprise server(complete package).. and removal of runtime core services

not sure how to proceeed on this.. any suggestion would be appreciated on this, please

thanks

Gopal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since you have bought license for OpenText, you can refer all the installation material on OpenTexT Knowledgecenter.

Please select relevant installation guide. Download appropriate software from OpenText site based on your requirement.

1) Installing the Enterprise library services (or part of services such Archiving and Storage services etc) or

For data archiving setup, you need to select above option. Here include option for runtime core services as well.

2) installting the Livelink ECM-Enterprise server(complete package).. and removal of runtime core services

Above option is not recommended for data archiving setup.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

it is not for data archiving.. it is for DMS - document management services..which it is also partly considered as archiving..

Data archiving and DMS are two different functions if I am not wrong..

thanks

Gopal Srinivasan

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For Document management services you can go with option

> installting the Livelink ECM-Enterprise server(complete package).. and removal of runtime core services

Regards,

Deepak Kori