Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RCA - Doubts at System conflict Resolution

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

On our Solution Manager we got a lot of Solutions from different customers, and found a problem when the information of servers, database and systems ID's have the same name.

a sample is: on RCA workcenter, there is a link to solve "System Conflict Resolution" that help to fix duplicate systems.

system name:__system producto(smsy)___inst.number___port___message server___ tect.sid

EPP____________EPP0001_______________0010531661___03911___saptest___________EPP00001

EPP____________EPPADG_______________0020532696___03901___megaserver________EPP

As you can see that information are valid from different landscape and without any conflict but solman system conflict resolution detect a problem that need to fix

actually i got problems when i download to solman different message server with the same name and databases.

anothe sample is when that both Product systems "BWP0001" and "BWP005" use the same servername: "sapbi"; in this case, the landscape_fetch update the server "sapbi" 2 times; first with the information from RFC on BWP0001 and after with the information from RFC on BWP005,

have anyone found that and a way to solve it ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is not much clear, my understanding is you are having lot of systems with the same server?

have you registered SMD agent for all systems?

can you please review the rule 3 in below guide https://websmp209.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/012006153200000548442011E/AgentInstallationStrategy.pdf (suser required) and the SAP note 1365123

Thanks,

Jansi

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks both,

1.-

Thanks Srikishan D, but, on the system setup i can't create servers manually; i have to download that information from SLD or Sap Service Marketplace; and when i download that data solman don't add suffix to server name for avoid duplicates.

2.-

And to Clarify shivjansi, now we got 6 different servers from 6 different customer with the same name "sapbip".

When i look at table SMSY_HOST, that table is updated each time that run "land_scape_fetch"; i got 864 entries if I select by that server name !!!.

that table have the field "konz" but is empty for all 10.500 entries.

thanks fot that note but i don't have any problem with diagnostics agent, i only got 1 diagnostic agent on each customer server.

What about that problem on solman 7.1 ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We too had solution manager loaded with many systems having same SID.

But the hostname proves to be the distinguishing factor, else it would be a confusion for the SMSY application as in your case.

I would recommend to have the system setup such that atleast the hostnames are unique. Else it would really not be possible to generate consistent stacks and would cause issues with regards to other solution manager functionalities as well.

Regards,

Srikishan