Regarding SWPC and stuck workflows
I already solved the issue but I do need to satisfy my curiosity.
Due to a particular step that remained IN PROCESS status, I had a number instances for the same workflow stucked and appearing on SWPC. Here's what I did:
1. Check and double check ST22, bindings, etc. - not likely given it's a standard step, the well known FIPP->POST.
2. Check SAP_ALL and locks for WF-BATCH.
3. Continue Workflow: ok, work item dissapeared form SWPC.
4. Check workflow log: no changes, work item remains IN PROCESS.
5. Check SWU2/SM58: found one error: "Connection closed (no data)".
6. Re-execute that LUW: ok, apparently no errors here.
7. Check Workflow log: no changes, work item remains IN PROCESS.
8. Check SWPC: workflow appeared again.. back to square 1.
Later on, I tried the method for that workflow instance with SWO1 and on first execution I got the message: "Object needs to be regenerated". I tried the method again and executes with an error I was expecting: "No authorisation for posting".
More later on, re-executed SWPC and the workflow got completed. Executed SWPC for the remaining instances and all of them worked on the first try.
1) Why that behaviour happened? The Business Object needed to be regenerated... why? This is on a QAS system and the BOR hasn't suffered a modification.
2) I understand SWPC only reacts for workflows being stucked for more than a day. Is that true? Why?
3) "Connection closed (no data)": this means the RFC failed because of what? "Test Connection" of the RFC WORKFLOW_LOCAL_XXX in SM59 worked fine all day long...
4) Anything else relevant?
Thanks for reading.