Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Regarding SWPC and stuck workflows

Hi all,

I already solved the issue but I do need to satisfy my curiosity.

Due to a particular step that remained IN PROCESS status, I had a number instances for the same workflow stucked and appearing on SWPC. Here's what I did:

1. Check and double check ST22, bindings, etc. - not likely given it's a standard step, the well known FIPP->POST.

2. Check SAP_ALL and locks for WF-BATCH.

3. Continue Workflow: ok, work item dissapeared form SWPC.

4. Check workflow log: no changes, work item remains IN PROCESS.

5. Check SWU2/SM58: found one error: "Connection closed (no data)".

6. Re-execute that LUW: ok, apparently no errors here.

7. Check Workflow log: no changes, work item remains IN PROCESS.

8. Check SWPC: workflow appeared again.. back to square 1.

Later on, I tried the method for that workflow instance with SWO1 and on first execution I got the message: "Object needs to be regenerated". I tried the method again and executes with an error I was expecting: "No authorisation for posting".

More later on, re-executed SWPC and the workflow got completed. Executed SWPC for the remaining instances and all of them worked on the first try.

Questions:

1) Why that behaviour happened? The Business Object needed to be regenerated... why? This is on a QAS system and the BOR hasn't suffered a modification.

2) I understand SWPC only reacts for workflows being stucked for more than a day. Is that true? Why?

3) "Connection closed (no data)": this means the RFC failed because of what? "Test Connection" of the RFC WORKFLOW_LOCAL_XXX in SM59 worked fine all day long...

4) Anything else relevant?

Thanks for reading.

Regards,

Andres.

Tags:

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question