Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add IMG Project to Existing PFCG role

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am trying to add an IMG Customizing project (that i created using SPRO_ADMIN) to an existing functional role that i created before. This new IMG project is for PSCD node authorizations. After i created the IMG project, i went into exising PFCG role - Menu - Utilities - Customizing auth, i am getting this error or info box saying "Transactions assigned. Role is locked for Customizing" Does that means i cannot add any new tree nodes to this PFCG role. I have already made lot of changes to this functional role (for example: Changing BASIS authorization class to Display (03) activities and disabled other irrelevant nodes etc). i do not want to create a brand new role and again start from the beginning. Is there a workaround so that i can add a new IMG project to an already existing role that has transactions in its Menu.

Thanks for your time Gurus, hoping for some answers

Venkat

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, you can't do it. A role with customizing project can have only one project assigned. It can't have any menu items.

Cheers

4 REPLIES 4

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, you can't do it. A role with customizing project can have only one project assigned. It can't have any menu items.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Martin. That answers my question.

Also Martin, because we cannot assign multiple IMG projects to PFCG role, can we just manually add PSCD node transaction codes into the PFCG role menu in this scenario. If yes, will it be the same as pulling the PSCD node from IMG into PFCG.

Thanks Martin

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Customizing roles dont have visible menus, so you can also assign a new one.

The bugger is a proliferation of roles to assign as well as projects to choose from when navigating (though the latter can also be usefull because SPRO is very big).

But anyway, SPRO is almost dead. We now have SolMan and BC-sets..

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

can we just manually add PSCD node transaction codes into the PFCG role menu in this scenario

Personally I would avoid ever inserting auths manually. Why not just create a new role for the other spro project and assign both to the user?